Community post

Question

Finally feel some hope! Info for anyone wanting to know about ttc after IUD removal...

Ok so I got my IUD out in November and had read a bunch of stories about women who conceived immediately, like the week they had it removed. Needless to say, I did not. My cycles started right away and were regular (about 31 days). The only thing that was odd was that my periods only lasted 2 days or so. Not normal for me at all! We actively were ttc every month and no bfp. This month I FINALLY had a week long period which is more normal for me. I am figuring that it took me 6 months for things to regulate and my uterine lining had not built back up yet. I am hoping that the increased length of my periods is a sign that this has happened now. what do you ladies think?

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I have had a similar experience after Mirena removal in January. I had a chem pg in March and just got a faint + about 36 hrs ago, but the other tests I've taken since then looked negative or just "barely there." Praying it is not another chem pg'cy!

11 years ago

Yes I have heard chem pregnancies are common bc egg is fertilized no problen but implantation is hindered since lining is not built up enough to complete implant. I was nervous bc a lot of women reported m/c after as well. Many posts said dont even try for first 6 months, but my doc told me I could start right away.

11 years ago • Post starter

This is over a year old post but I wanted to comment on it. I am one of those ladies that had the Mirena for 5 years with no periods sometimes spotting but hardly ever. I am reading post about TTC after Mirena trying to gain hope that it will be my turn soon. I found this post to give some hope. I have wondered since it's my 8 month TTC - that maybe my hormones are not back to normal - I am having a 31-32 day cycle each month - at one time it was 28 day cycle. The day count of them are only at 3 days - which I always thought to be short - then I read this maybe then since my last cycle was 5 days - my body is finally getting back to normal - I really hope so! I am 28 - and would like to be pregnant soon - I have a son that is 8 and I would like them not to much further apart. Thank you for the post! Fingers crossed that maybe this will be my month - I having no symptoms tho - but still hoping!

10 years ago

This is over a year old post but I wanted to comment on it. I am one of those ladies that had the Mirena for 5 years with no periods sometimes spotting but hardly ever. I am reading post about TTC after Mirena trying to gain hope that it will be my turn soon. I found this post to give some hope. I have wondered since it's my 8 month TTC - that maybe my hormones are not back to normal - I am having a 31-32 day cycle each month - at one time it was 28 day cycle. The day count of them are only at 3 days - which I always thought to be short - then I read this maybe then since my last cycle was 5 days - my body is finally getting back to normal - I really hope so! I am 28 - and would like to be pregnant soon - I have a son that is 8 and I would like them not to much further apart. Thank you for the post! Fingers crossed that maybe this will be my month - I having no symptoms tho - but still hoping!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo