Community post

Question

Went to OB today-asked for 21 day prog and am getting u/s instead??? can you help me out plz:)

So I went to OB to check for Yeast Inf. (dont have one yah!)and this is first time I have been back since having Mirena out in Nov. She knows we are ttc and this is our 9th month. I am also 36 yrs old. She acted like it was no big deal and wasn't concerned in the least. I asked her for a 21 day progesterone to check that I was ov'ing and said instead let's do an u/s to check thickness of endometrial lining. I am scheduled for Monday and that will make me 10dpo. She wrote the order and tild me to schedule so I asked for first available. After I got home I thought about it and I will be cd25 of a 30 day cycle (af looming). Is this a good time to have it done. Anybody have this done? Please share when during your cycle you went. My OB is normally great, delivered my other kiddos-just think she was bhsy and it was an off day for her. What do they do for you if you don't have adequate lining...my anxiety is building already:(

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Anyone? Plz ladies help me out. I am stressing about the prospect of thin lining..it does not sound good nor doea it sound like something that's easy to fix:(

11 years ago • Post starter

Hey there! I haven't done any research but I would guess some kind of hormone therapy. I am sorry she didn't take you more seriously! I'm 34, ttc for 8 months post-Mirena, and my doc said to just let her know when I was fed up and wanted bloodwork or referral to RE.

11 years ago

The benefit to having the ultrasound is that they can also see if you have any cysts or any other abnormalities that might be causing problems (in addition to the thickness of your uterine lining). They should be able to tell a lot from that one scan. Keep trying to see the positive!

If they don't think your uterine lining is getting thick enough to sustain a pregnancy, they will often have you start taking prometrium (progesterone supplement) from the day you ovulate until you get a positive pregnancy test or your period.

Try to stay positive! You should get a lot of answers from your ultrasound.

11 years ago

Thanks. I am grateful for your explainations and also to know there is something you can do about thin lining if that is the case. I feel better now. I was so hung up on checking for ov that I didnt see the big picture.

11 years ago • Post starter

Well I read that a low dose aspirin (baby aspirin 81 mg or smaller daily) is supposed to thicken your lining by thinning blood and delivering better blood flow to uterus and essential parts and in return helps thicken and nourish your lining. I think that my be my problem , when it comes to implantation and miscarriages. But I do have a short luteal phase also. I don't know how long yours is, but that could have somthign to do with it. I hope your dr takes your concerns seriously. I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. I know it's agony every month you have to wait when all you want is a baby and everyone around you seems to be pregnant or having babies. If I was a dr, I wouldn't tell people to come see me after a year of not getting pregnant. A year seems like too long. I would think 6 months would be a good time to start looking into possible problems. Because they say you have a 20% chance of getting pregnant every month, so after that long it seems liek it would have happened.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo