Community post

Question

Feeling traumatised after visit to the gynae

Hi there
This may be slightly off topic, but I just need to get some help and support and I don't know who else to talk to.
A couple of weeks ago I went to the gynae for a checkup since we are TTC and I want to be sure everything is ok. She did a pap smear and the results came back with an abnormality of 'indeterminate significance'. When I asked her what it meant, she said that it could be nothing but it could also be dangerous, so she suggested that I come for a colposcopy. I went yesterday to have it done.
It was horrible! I have never felt so invaded before in my life. She took a biopsy and now I am waiting for the results, but I am freaking out. I can't stop crying. I feel humiliated, invaded, violated and completely traumatised. I don't know how to handle these feelings at all. I just want to crawl into a hole somewhere. Has anyone got any advice? Why am I feeling like this? Will it go away by itself? Please help me? I am loosing it.

User Image

1 Answer • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi there! I'm truly sorry you're feeling this way. It truly is a very routine thing they do with abnormal paps. It also very important to the health of your reproductive system, just in case something were to be wrong. I went through the same situation and it turned out to be nothing but weird growths in my uterus. She cut them off and my Paps have been normal since. I definitely wouldn't worry so much, because it very well could be nothing. If you and husband are TTC, this is necessary to making sure all is okay, not to mention, this will be the first of many times you feel like people are poking around too much, etc. I've been pregnant twice, unfortunately I miscarried both times, but I've had my fair share of poking and prodding and you get use to it. Lots of blood drawn when your preggo and lots of invading of our private areas. Good luck and try and settle down, no need to worry just yet. :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo