Community post

Question

Progesterone supplement experiences, anyone?

Hi there
I am currently 7dpIUI. My doc put me on 200mg of progesterone from 0dpIUI and I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with taking progesterone? From 1dpIUI I was feeling bloated and crampy and my breasts started becoming sensitive around 2dpIUI. Since then I have had every tww symptom in the book, from cravings to cramps to food aversion, nausea, and dizziness.. you name it. But today, everything seems to have subsided. I feel like I am in the eye of a storm! Haha! My breasts are still a bit sensitive and I am a bit irritable, but all the other symptoms have just completely disappeared. Is this normal? Am I just getting used to the elevated progesterone levels or is this bad news for our chances this month? I was so sure we were in this month... now I am starting to wonder...

User Image

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi Susan,

I have also recently started on progesterone and have had exactly the same thing happen this month. at 7-10 dpo I had every symptom in the book, and now at 14 dpo nothing but spotting, which leads me to believe that I am not pregnant. I find it so hard when you get all of these symptoms and then no baby, it is so discouraging because I feel like my body is lying to me! I am following your post as I am interestested to see how the progesterone works for others. Good Luck :)

Sincerely, Lisa

10 years ago

Hi there
Someone on Fertilicare.org (very good site) suggested that perhaps the symptoms I was feeling were due to the Ovitrelle trigger shot I had to induce ovulaton before the IUI.
This makes a lot of sense to me, since Ovitrelle is synthetic hcg (the pregnancy hormone) it would give you all the classic pregnancy symptoms util it is out of your system (after about 7 to 10 days). So, what I was feeling was probably not the progesterone, but the ovitrelle!
The person on that site also said something else: Don't pay too much attention to symptoms when you are on fertility meds, since you will never be able to tell which are due to changes in your body and which are just the drugs. I'll try to follow her advise for now on!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo