Community post

Question

Should we go for IVF?

Hi all
My husband and I got very sad news today. It seems we may need IVF treatment. His sperm count is 20mil/ml, motility is 30% and morphology is between 1% and 2%. The doctor says this may improve by taking a cocktail of vitamins for 3 months, but if it doesn't IVF will be our only option. What do you guys think? Are these results really so poor that IVF is our only option? What are the chances that vitamins will do anything to improve the situation? IVF is very expensive and I don't know if we will be able to afford it... It's all very sad and confusing at the moment. Has anyone got some words of wisdom?

User Image

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Ivf is not the only option. I have pcos, dh has a count of only 6 mil with 20% motility and 20% morphology. We are moving on to ivf at this point but we did 6 rounds of clomid and 4 iui cycles first just to exhaust all other options. Yeah chances are lower than people with no issues but there is still a chance. My doctor told me she had seen pregnancies with our numbers using iui, unfortunately we were not lucky. One of my friends conceived naturally with pcos, endometriosis and her dh had a very low count too. My dh did bring his numbers up about 2 mil with vitamins on average and once it was up to 15 mil! Might as well try everything that insurance covers first. And big ole surprise...just ordered my meds for ivf and insurance covered it! Check to see what you can get. Also you can stockpile meds during iui cycles to use during ivf if insurance only covers iui meds. I always ordered a full supply even when I didn't need them.

10 years ago

My husband and I did IUI to get pregnant with this baby. His sperm count was 2 million total! Last year we got pregnant with a count of 900,000! Both times they told us we probably would have to go to IVF, b both times they were wrong.

10 years ago

Check out this website. Fairhavenhealth.com. I am currently taking fertilaid and ovaboost. But they have vitamins for men to help there sperm. I forgot what it's called but please give it a try. I have noticed a huge difference from the ones I'm using. And it's not expensive at all. I wish you guys lots of luck.

10 years ago

Thanx for all the advice, guys... We have decided to try at least one or two IUI's before considering IVF, but unfortunately we are going to have to wait 3 months before we will be able to give it a shot, because the earliest appointment I can get is at the end of August and then it will be too late for that cycle and we'll have to wait for the next one. I was wondering, does anyone think it might be a good idea for me to go on something like clomid in the mean time to improve our chances of conceiving naturally? I just want to do everything in my power to move things along!

User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo