Community post

Question

Just removed my IUD, now I have no clue what to do!

So, I just had my IUD removed, and my husband and I are going to start trying. My periods were so sporadic with the IUD, that I have no clue how to track when I'm ovulating when my periods were really only like a day long. Any suggestions? Should I just wing it for the first month until I have a normal period and can track how long it lasts? HELP!

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If you've never TTCed or had problems with fertility before, then I'd just get BDing and see what happens! As long as you BD regularly (every couple of days or every other day) it'll probably happen in around 3 months. Personally, I wouldn't start BBT charting or anything unless it's taking a little longer, because it's a hassle and does take the fun out of things a bit. Good luck and lots of baby dust!

11 years ago

I had my IUD removed 1 year and 5 months ago and still no luck. I don't know if its taking me that long to get back on a normal cycle or what, but it hasn't happened yet. It took my sister a year and a half after hers was removed.

11 years ago

i had an IUD for 2 years got it removed dec 2012 and starting TTC right away, i didnt have cycles at all while i had the mirena so if you did, then thats good. I did end up pregnant in FEB but i miscarried in march, i dont think my body had long enough to heal from having the IUD in place, my lining was to thin, but now im 6 weeks pregnant again and praying and hoping this one is it :), I would say start TTC and if you want order the cheapy opk's offline and just test as soon as you get them and then eventually you will find your normal pattern, my firend also had an IUD and she got it removed and then 4 weeks later she was pregnant! :) good luck and baby dust to you!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo