Community post

Question

Scan's after M/C

Just wondering what happens exactly when you go for a scan after a miscarriage.

I'm going on Monday to make sure everythings gone from my recent loss.. I just dont know what to expect. I'm hoping it's all gone as ive had no pain and i was quite early (4 weeks 5 days)

I'm thinking a scan wont pick up anything really which means will i have to have something *up there..*

Just the thought makes me clench!!!!!

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hey hon! I have not had a post m/c scan done. I have had two losses but both were early and the doctor said it wasn't needed. I assume they will do a transvaginal u/s. It's NOT that bad! They use lube. It's not any more uncomfortable than a pelvic exam or um, having sex at times. (I.e. Someone very large or if you aren't ready...sorry tmi.) Just relax and think about something else. My doc used to be photographs on the ceiling- like nature scenes- to distract you. That made me laugh, so silly and didn't work for me at least! I just talked to the u/s tech. So sorry for your loss, hon. (((Hugs)))

11 years ago

I didnt end up having any scans inside or out! They asked me a lot of questions and did a urine sample and the test was negative which i already knew would be beause i'd done one ten days earlier at the docs so all in all it was a waste of time...

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo