Community post

Question

Miscarried =[

I should be 4 weeks 5 days pregnant, but last night i had some bleeding and this morning even more and it's basically like a period now. Ive had no pain at all throughout this whole thing.
I went to the docs today and they did a test which confirmed my worst fears - it's gone =[

gutted..

I dont particularly have a question, i just would like to maybe talk to someone who's had this happen to them too and how long afterwards it was that AF reared her ugly head again? / how long until ovulation etc....

a part of me is just freaking out that it'll never happen for me, which i know is silly to think about.

9 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I'M so sorry u have gone threw this,i had my 2nd misscarrige jan (1st one was a molar pregnancie in 2009) i found out i was pg on dec9th 2011 and had a dnc on 16th jan 2012.I had a bleed from 16th till 22nd,then had my period on 23rd of feb,usually a 30day cycle,then nothing till 2nd of april,hope this helps abit.I'm 32 have 5 chikldren and am having my eigth pregnancie now..don't give up hope x

12 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. We had a similar situation where we got our BFP the day my wife started bleeding. We spent the entire weekend hoping and praying the baby was ok. We went to the doctor first thing on Monday, but she confirmed we had MC. We were 5 weeks. This was back in March. We decided to try again right away, but that first cycle was longer than normal.she ovulated about 20 days afterward. AF came right about two weeks later. We didn't get pregnant that cycle. This month her cycle seems to be back to normal.

We started doing yoga, and it has given me some peace dealing with the MC and made me ready to keep trying. The first month was really hard, there were pregnant woman everywhere. I felt angry, upset and almost depressed. My wife was emotionally exhausted. It does get better. Time doesn't make it go away, but peace will come to you.

Our thoughts will be with you. Don't give up. I know it will happen for us.

12 years ago

i had a m/c at 8 weeks in march also.. i bled not very heavy and i had no pain. it lasted 4 days.. then a week later i spotted brown for about 6 days.. i was thinking i was pregnanct again. they say your body ovulates right after miscarriage, but its for your body to try and regulate itself again. i just started my first cycle since my miscarriage yesterday. it took 7 weeks.. soo long but im praying its straightened out now.. im so sorry for your loss.. i know what you mean about never thinking it could not happen to you.. i didnt understand why it happened. bc i have had 2 healthy pregnancies. but its god's way of telling you not yet. you will get that percious baby soon.. lots of baby dust to you <3 if you want to talk you can messgae me anytime!

12 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that. My heart is aching for you. I m/c'd my baby girl at 13 weeks in March. I was devastated. Unfortunately I had labor type pains during the m/c. Spent two nights in the hospital. All I wanted was to be pregnant again. My hormones were all over the place for several weeks. I got two positive OPK's two weeks after but I never actually ovulated (based on my BBT chart and what doctor told me). I counted the day of my m/c as cd1 and exactly 2 weeks after my hcg levels were at zero AF came (that was 7 weeks after the m/c). My AF was very light 8 days of spotting with some very light flow thrown in here and there. I finally ovulated last night based on a positive OPK, and a temp rise this morning (hoping I get two more so I can definitely verify O. But I also had O pains). So needless to say the journey will seem long. But please give yourself time to grieve and know that when your body is ready your journey will start again. Don't give up! Baby Dust!

12 years ago

I am sorry for your loss. I too have recently miscarried. I was 5 weeks along when I started bleeding, but I didn't have any cramps. That was on April 18th. I had a positive opk on May 1st and figured I ovulated on May 2nd (14 days from m/c). My body went right back to it's old 28 day cycle. Well, I'm waiting to see if I'm currently pregnant, but expect AF or a BFP on Wednesday. Since you were so early on in your pregnancy I think your body will get back to normal fairly quickly. Good luck to you!

12 years ago

Thanks for all the lovely comments - it's crazy that so many women have to go through this.
I'm hating my body at the moment =[
I'm about to buy some more OPK's as i used them all last month and didnt think i'd need any again..

12 years ago • Post starter

I'm extremely deeply sorry for your loss. I miscarried on 4/24 and I know that gutted feeling. I cry everyday over the baby I lost due to a blighted ovum, I mc naturally, and I was 5 wks + 1day. After 5 yrs of trying only to lose it was so painful. My AF came almost immediately on 4/27 and instead of me going back on the Clomid (100mg) on CD 6 I choose to give it a break for a month and see what happens. I just ov on the 11th and I had more ewcm than I've ever had. So that gives me a little hope. I hear stories all the time about women being very fertile after mc my dr asked me did I want to go on BC until I pass the sac and tissue but I refused the bc then a week later he called to say my HCG levels were zero and I can resume normal activities. Now we are TTC again. So hang in there..it can happen. baby dust xx.

12 years ago

good luck =]

12 years ago • Post starter

Only just seen this post, and I had something similar. It sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy, I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks, then at 4 weeks and 2 days I started bleeding, I was so upset, as I was so excited to have fallen pregnant at our first time TTC. I only bled for two days with no pain, and ovulated the same time I did the previous month (14 days) as my partner and I are trying again this month (as ur more fertile the following month) I have 4 days before I can test to see if were successfulll, but very hesitant; goodluck to you

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo