Community post

Question

ttc after miscarriage - ovulation

Hallo to all!

I had an early miscarriage on the 13th of April. I started bleeding immediately, and my menst was over in about 6 days. I have started checking my cm to check for ovulation, and today it seems right - stretchy! Can I ovulate so quickly after a mc? It is nou 12 days after mc and 6 days after menst ended. So on a "normal" cycle (which I usually don't have!) I will now be on day 12. I'm hoping it's ovulation, because we decided to try immediately. And one more question, how long is the first cycle after a miscarriage usually? I've heard it's about 6 weeks. Is this true?

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Sorry to hear you have also gone through this. I had a missed miscarriage and my cycle afterwards was a bit random. I kept thinking I was ovulating and seeing EWCM and there seemed to be lots of it this month. We weren't trying this month as decided to wait for my period to come first, to avoid the uncertainty. My period came on Cycle Day 38 and I normally have a 28 day cycle.

The advice the hospital gave me was that your period is likely to return 4-6 weeks after the miscarriage, but I think it depends when all the pregnancy hormones leave your body. Some ladies take a HPT just to check they have got a negative, although I didn't do this as was sure all my symptoms were gone.

12 years ago

First of all, Im so sorry for your loss :( I had a m/c in Oct. I bled for about 6 days as well. I then started getting pos opks on cd9, then another batch of pos opks in the middle of my cycle and then again in the later part of my cycle. My temps were fairly erratic and according to my temps Im pretty sure I did not ovulate at all that cycle. My chart for that cycle is posted on my page if you would like to take a look (its the middle chart). Some women will O/conceive right away while others, like myself, wont O/conceive right away. I dont think theres much we can do about it during the cycle we m/c to be honest with you. So if it doesnt happen right away dont get discouraged. GL to you, lots of baby dust and if you have any questions I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

12 years ago

Elram, I am so sorry for your loss. I too m/c at 13 weeks on 3/22/12. I bled for about a week and then it stopped. About 14 days after my m/c I got two positive OPK's and I was excited because I had read that women can ovulate as soon as two weeks after a m/c. Well I spoke to my doctor the following week and he told me that I was not ovulating that it was still the hormones in my body. He said your body will not ovulate or start a new cycle until your HCG level is back below 5. It has now been 4 1/2 weeks since my m/c and I have just started my first cycle today. I am thrilled because it now means we can start trying, but is also bittersweet because I miss my baby girl. Just stay positive and like Christie said, don't be disappointed if you don't actually ovulate. Your time will come again soon enough and it will mean the time is right. Good luck to you and lots of baby dust.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo