Community post

Question

Finially have a name for my crazy cycle - staircase cycle. anyone else?

So after a lot of digging around, apparently my crazy cycle this month has a name - staircase pattern or cycle. Now, can anyone tell me what that means? I know it's the up-down pattern that I see, but what does it mean in terms of pregnancy?

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I found its the fourth phase and can sometimes tell you that there is a problem with progesterone during the last part of your lp. Taking charge of your fertility book talks about it as well. It can also be called sawtooth/saddle/stairstep pattern.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpghttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tools/gender/ctp_gender_predictor_boy.jpg

11 years ago

I hate to be the one to say this but your chart looks more erratic than staircase. Staircase pattern your temps would be closer together, for example if you had a temp of 97.77 the next day would be 97.81 and then back down a tad at like 97.70. If that makes any sense. Your temps seem to be a little more erratic BUT I have a friend on here that had a similar chart as yours and finally got her bfp. Also I did my own little experiment this cycle, I took my temp both orally and vaginally and my charts were waaaay different, my oral chart was very erratic and my vaginal chart was pretty steady which is the chart I have on my page now so I would suggest trying it vaginally if you don't get your bfp this cycle. I hope this helps, best or luck to you! Also like the other lady said if u go to www.tcoyf.com you can see lots of charts like yours & the site is very informational!

BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE MY RAINBOW BABY FOR 6 MONTHS SO HARD FOR A

11 years ago

I had a similar chart after my m/c. It's on my page if you want to see it. I am sure your hormones are trying to settle back down and that is partly the cause of the fluctuations. If you don't conceive this month then I would see how your chart looks next month. And changing to vaginal temping is not a bad idea. I plan on doing that next month if I don't conceive this month. Good luck and lots of baby dust.

11 years ago

Thanks ladies! This helps a lot! Dmartin65, I also had a mc on 13th of April, so maybe it is my hormones? Even though my symptoms went away quickly, as I was very early (4 weeks).

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo