Community post

Question

Late ovulation will my next period also be late?

Okay my cycles are 29 days..ovulating on day 15 usually. This cycle I didn't until day 19..my period should've been due Dec. 21st (I think) so will it be late? Praying it doesn't show at all of course but in case it does. I keep hearing conflicting answers on this

User Image

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

hi, just like to say im in the same boat as you, im a 28 day cycle and got a positive onn the ovulation strips on CD19.. first time tracking so dont know if this is normal.

my period is due tomorrow, i toook a HPT & it came back NEGATIVE :(
im just hoping i ovulated late, which means implatation has just occured. and the wicked with doesnt arrive tomorrow or later.

baby dust to you.

sorry couldnt be more help... would like to know the answer 2

12 years ago

Yes, it is likely to be late. That's straight from my doctor's mouth. That happened to me. I o'ed late and my 31 day cycle turned into 37.

12 years ago

I've stopped counting how many days my cycle is and just count on my period to come about 14 days AFTER I ovulate no matter what day that may have been.
For the past few months I've O'd on days 14, 15, 17 and 19, making my cycle longer and longer each time because my luetal phase is general 14 days (the time between when you O and when you get your period.)
So if you O'd late, then "technically" your period is not "late" until your personal luetal phase has expired (which is generally 14 days for everyone) - this is probably why you got a BFN just from testing too early.
Good luck!! :D

12 years ago

I haven't take a HPT and don't plan on it til Christmas eve..praying we get a BFP bc that would be the best gift on Christmas :))

User Image

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo