Community post

Question

TTC after Loss

I was just wondering if there's a certain time period that you have to wait before you try to conceive again after a miscarriage.

I miscarried last week at 4 weeks 5 days, i havent bled since yesterday and ive got a scan on monday to check there's nothing left... tests are coming up negative.

Me and h2b could start trying again towards the middle of next week but i just want to know if that is the right thing to do or if i should give my body a break..
I really want to try again but i'm terrified of losing another baby =[

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I had an early loss when trying to conceive my dd #2 and we did not take a break. I got pg immediately and she is 7 now!! My doctor did not advise waiting (except for dating purposes). So glad we did not! :)

12 years ago

Most doctor's recommend waiting at least one cycle before trying so that your body has time to heal and your lining can build back up. That is what my OB recommended for me. Some even recommend 3 months. That being said there are women who have ovulated a week or two after m/c, conceived and went on to have happy, healthy babies. I truly believe it is whatever you are comfortable with and what your heart tells you. I believe if your body is not ready then it won't get pregnant. I m/c in March at 13 weeks and this is my first cycle post m/c. I was one of the few that did not ovulate immediately after m/c. I am on 6dpo now and in the TWW. I am hoping we have conceived again but we shall see what happens. I have heard and read that your body is definitely more fertile the first 3 months after m/c. I recommend giving yourself time to grieve, a little time for your body to heal and then start when you feel you are ready. Hugs to you my friend. I am truly sorry for your loss.

12 years ago

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. I too miscarried last week at about the same...about 5 weeks. I just stopped bleeding last night. I feel the exact same way! We are going back and forth on weather or not to start trying again right away. I really want to be pregnant again and it would be an awesome suprise as I should find out right around Father's Day. At the same time, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get as excited with it being so close to the miscarriage. Its a really hard decision. As for me, I'm really thinking that we will just go with the flow. I was concidering trying ovulation tests for this month...I've never used them before and thought it might help my poas syndrom :) Also, to keep me looking forward to something instead of focusing on being sad. Let me know if you ever want to talk! Good luck!

12 years ago

Thanks for the comments.. Iv thought about it so much and if i'm ok to try straight away then thats what we'll do.
I hate this whole situation.. eurgh.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo