Community post

Question

Had Ectopic Pregnancy, trying to Conceive now with right fillopian tube and right ovary

I had ectopic surgery on Dec 4th 2010, removed left fillopian tube and ovary, from feb,2011 we are TTC,
What are the average chances of conceiving with one fillopian tube and one ovary and how soon i can be pregnant, do i need to take any extra fertility drugs.. iam not sure whether iam ovulating or not ..
please post me if anybody faced same kinda of problem and solution .. thanks a lot

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

In March 2006, I had my left ovary removed due to a cyst and was informed by my ob/gyn that the only difference between me and other women is that I ovulated half as often, 6 times a year vs 12 times in the average healthy woman. I'm not a medical expert, but I would say just get OPK's and see how that goes for a few months.

12 years ago

I had an August ectopic in 2006 where I had my right tube removed, but I still have the ovary.
I got pregnant again in the following January but that pregnancy ended in miscarraige as I was then diagnosed with diabetes and my body couldnt control everything all at the same time.
I then began to focus on my career and my husband and I decided to leave it for a while.
I have now been TTC for the past 2 months. Last month I had kidney stones so that put me out. I went to my doctor here in Cairo and he gave me some treatment to make sure I ovulate from both ovaries each month. The medication is as follows"
Nolvadex tablets - 2 at bedtime for 3 days (starting from the 2nd day of bleeding)
Merional injection - 1 on day 3 of bleeding and 1 on day 4 of bleeding.

This medication stimulated egg production - this month I produced 2 eggs in each ovary. I'm now on day 31 of a 32/33 day cycle and according to what the doctor said I'm 14 DPO and so far had no symptoms that AF is com

User Image

12 years ago

so i'm keeping everything crossed the medication has done the trick!!
I would just say go to your doctor and have a talk about how your feeling, I never intended to be given any medication because i'm still only 27.
Best of luck
Let me know how things work out
XXXX

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo