Community post

Question

Can you still O if you have a missed period?

I completely missed my period last month, and am still waiting for it. (LMP was Dec 24th) As of today I'm 12 days late. I'm not pregnant, as the plethora of negative HTP's have told me; so now what? My cycles are usually about 30 days long, but the last few months they've been anywhere from 29 days to 34+ days... Bleeding always lasts 5-6 days, though. Very annoying...

(Background Info: Even as a preteen, my cycles had been very irregular. It was common for me to have 2 periods a month, or skip them for a couple months altogether. BC eventually helped regulate that. However, once I had my son 15 months ago, my cycle changed and I had a period every month on the 23rd. A later miscarriage - in April - through off that regular pattern, though, to what it is now - chaotic. Hope this helps?)

Since I missed my period last month, can I still ovulate this month?...What could be causing my late/changing cycle? I'm only 22 years old; I know I'm not overly stressed or anything. Help??..

3 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I've heard you can still ovulate without having a period, and you can still have a period without ovulating. Good luck!

12 years ago

Yes, you can still ovulate. You probably have something similar to amenorrhea.

12 years ago

Hi I know this post is years old but I’m on cd 50 2 weeks late took a ovulation test and the second line was light but obvious so am I about to ovulate?

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo