Community post

Journal

Beta Levels UPDATE

View Full Post

It seems like it took forever to get to this day. I was driving myself crazy, so I did end up taking one last no hold test last night, and it was a decent BFP, so I wasn't too worried about my beta today. I was expecting just to get one number today, and then agonize over my doubling till Friday, but luckily the nurse told me that they "snuck" a beta on Friday 9dp5dt (the day I got my first vvvvfp), and it was 13. Today (14dp5dt) it was 83, which still sounds low, but it's actually a 45 hour doubling time, so perfectly acceptable. I know my bean implanted between Wednesday and Thursday of last week because I could feel this very specific pulsing feeling in one spot, and then I had the spotting for a few hours, so I guess a beta of 83 within a week is pretty good. I have another appointment on Friday to check my beta again, and they're going to do an ultrasound to see if they can see a sac. I'm truly not expecting to see anything since I was a little behind to start off with. I'm not going to be let down if we can't find it. I'll be 5 weeks exactly.

On another note, my estrogen was over 2,000 and my progesterone just said >60. These seem kind of high to me, but my doctor told me to keep taking all my meds just as I am. I'm actually kind of surprised I'm not feeling more symptoms, not because of the pregnancy, but because of such high hormone levels lol. My breasts don't hurt at all, and I basically feel completely normal, if not a little extra emotional. I will update this journal on Friday with my third beta results. Thanks everyone!! We are so thrilled, and I truly hope to see some more BFP's soon!

UPDATE: My beta today was only 161. That gives me a doubling time of 50 hours. The nurse said it had risen like they had wanted it to, but she didn't sound too encouraging. I was originally booked for a retest on Wednesday, but since it's still so low, they want to see me on Monday. I'm definitely losing hope fast. I know whatever is meant to be will happen, but it doesn't make it any easier. We wanted to surprise our family with our news on father's day, but Chad and I have decided that we will wait. We don't want to say "We're Pregnant......but.....".

User Image

21 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 21 Comments | Last Page

Thank you all so much! We're still very excited, but the low numbers are freaking me out lol. I'm going to have a lot of questions for my doctor tomorrow. No signs or symptoms that this isn't going to work out, so I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm having minor cramping off and on, but I guess that's normal. I'll let yall know as soon as I known anything. Until then I'm just praying that this little one keeps growing quickly!

User Image

7 years ago • Post starter

This is so exciting!!!!!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

7 years ago

Could be bloating starting to kick in. When I did get a BFP I had no symptoms it was until a few weeks later the bloating tender breaststroke and moody kicked in. So glad you have a team to help you along the way. So excited

7 years ago

I am definitely a little ignorant when it comes to some of this stuff, but it still seems like this would be an acceptable doubling time? Right? I definitely understand how nervous and scared you guys both are right now. Did they end up doing the ultrasound to see if they could see the sac? Thinking of you...don't lose hope yet!

7 years ago

Thanks starmama. No they didn't do the scan. She said that was accidentally scheduled. I said that was fine because I was surprised they wanted to do one anyways. The doubling time is within the normal range, but my numbers are disturbingly low, so who knows what's going to happen.

User Image

I think you just had very low numbers to start with.... It doubled which is great! Lots of ladies have had extremely low numbers to begin with and went on to have healthy pregnancies! Praying this is the case for you as well....

Mill

7 years ago

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml

Mill

7 years ago

I know you've probably seen or know these numbers but just wanted to share! Believing for a healthy pregnancy!

Mill

7 years ago

Thanks girl. Yes I've seen that chart. I've done way more research than is healthy. I'm more concerned about the doubling time going up. I'm expecting it to slow down even more over the weekend. We'll just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Thank you again. :)

User Image

My third draw the doubling time slowed as well, if I remember I think it was like 60 hrs. But all was good as I'm sure it will be for your bean! Holding you up in prayer!

Mill

7 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo