Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 8

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

295 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 295 Replies | Last Page

Hello all,

Hopeful: Ur trip sounds wonderful! So jealous. I would love to get away from all this snow and fridged temps!!! Have fun!!!

Felurian: Sending prayers ur way that DH gets the job!!! I'm glad to hear ur appt with the RE went well! I hope he gets things figured out for u and 2013 brings u ur little bundle!!! If u find out u have blood clotting disorders let me know - I have two and will have to take Levonox shots thoughout my pregnancy - when I FINALLY get pregnant!!!!

elle: Most Drs will not do more than 6 cycles of clomid. It puts u at risk for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). This can make u very sick. U can take a break for a few months and then try clomid again. Are u seeing an RE? If not that would be my suggesstion. If 6 cycles of clomid has not worked you may need something else. An HSG would be a good start to make sure ur tubes don't have any blockages. Also, there are other drugs u can try. Unlike an OB/GYN, REs will monitor better with monthly u/s and will cont giving fetility drugs beyond the 6 month mark. They'll just change them up and monitor closely. I tried 4 cycles of clomid (3 with OB and 1 with RE) then this month Femara. Next month we're adding Follistim shots with Femara. There is alot more u can try - don't give up hope!

AFM: CD30 and 13 DPO - not much to report. No symptoms and still ahving light spotting. should be here Saturday. I'm prepared for the period from hell as well! Clomid kept my linging thin (part of the reason they changes to Femara) and my periods were super light with almost no cramps!!! Well with Femara I had a super lining and expect my period to be much heavier and longer this month! Soooo not looking forward to that!
My New Year's resolution has been to work out for at least 30 min everyday and to cut sugar and simple carbs out of my diet. I have PCOS with insulin restistence and my RE says this plan could help with our fertility issues! So far so good - but it's only Jan 3rd - LOL!
to all!

11 years ago

The puppy is a goldendoodle...her mom is a goldendoodle (1/2 golden retriever and 1/2 poodle) and her dad is a standard poodle, so she's going to be big...probably around 70 lbs....right now she's only 7 lbs, so that's hard to believe right now!!

We named her Indiana Margaret. The mascot of my college is Indiana (the college founder was Indiana Williams Fletcher and she was known as Miss Indie) so we call her Indie. The Margaret is for our old dog that we lost in June...her name was Maggie.

Little Indie is wonderful and it's SO nice to have something to concentrate on rather than my ovaries.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

the only person I see besides my regular doctor is a gynae specializing in infertility at the hospital :-( I had an hsg before they would give me clomid and its all clear down there lol

Its annoying but I guess no matter what we still only have a very tiny chance of getting pregnant every cycle :-(

I think after month 6 I will have a break and maybe do clomid again at a later date if they let me :-)

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Well starting round 3 of clomid on sat AF showed today I hope 3rd times a charm lol anyone eles getting ready to start another round ? I see the dr on the 16th so let see what he thinks at my 3mo check up maybe he will add something this round. Hope we see some BFP this mo from some ladies soon good luck everyone

User Image

11 years ago

Happy New Year! Nothing going on here- just haven't written in a while. CD13 for me, had my u/s today... nothing too exciting. I made one good size follicle and my lining was much better than last month, so that's good. I just wish I had made more than one good follicle. Oh well!

11 years ago

Ok....so I've got an appointment with my OBGYN on the 10th for my annual exam...I've never actually been "seen" by him (examined-wise) except for when he performed my D&C almost a year ago....so this should be interesting. (I went to the same doctor for about 20 years, then he died, and I was seeing one of his partners....and when I called to tell them I was pregnant - last year - they said he doesn't do deliveries any more...so I had to find a new doctor!!!)

Ok.....so I'll be about 10DPO....and I've decided that I'm going to ask to proceed to the next step if this cycle doesn't work. I don't want to do this clomid stuff for too long if it's not doing the trick. I'm pulling the "I'm old" card....I'll be 41 in June. I'm entitled.

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Still waiting.....10DPO today!
Cramps,Terrible back ache & the waist band pressure& pain.User Image^THIS WAS 9DPO ((I FAILED THE TEST WAITING wanted to get rid of these DARN test!!)
This is my REASONS
User Image
^THIS TEST WAS DEC 1st,2012 & last is Dec 7th,2012User Image

User ImageUser ImagePCOS/#1 BABY BLESSING BLISSUser Image User Image My Ovulation Chart

11 years ago

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well! I am doing great! I got a big surprise yesterday morning, a BFP!!!!!!!! I was so sure i was out this month. I didn't have any good follicles on my u/s and I've had no symptoms whatsoever! My boobs don't even hurt! I only tested today because my re requires a negative test before he'll reorder my femara. I was supposed to get af so I tested. Biggest surprise ever!!! I'm only 16 dpo. Keeping my fingers crossed that this little bean sticks!
Hope others have good news to share soon!!!!!

11 years ago

jandb- CONGRATS!!!!! I hope it sticks, too! I want to see pictures of the test!

Genni, keep testing. Maybe this will be it.

MrsF- Yes, you are entitled! Keep moving forward in your treatment! That's frustrating about your doctor. I'm sorry your long time physician passed. Hopefully your new one will be great and give you the help you need. And your puppy sounds adorable!

babyp- GL in the upcoming 2ww! And happy new year to you, too.

sloony- The third time just may be the charm! Keep up hope

ellekaye- I agree that 12 cycles is a lot to take all in a row. I think that it would be a good idea to take a break after six if you are still not successful. However, if your doc monitors and sees that you are doing okay, I guess they would know best. Hopefully you won't get to the sixth cycle and have to make the decision!

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo