Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 8

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

295 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 295 Replies | Last Page

babypbaby- My heart goes out to you! It is the worst feeling when you really believe that it's finally happened only to find out it hasn't. 11 dpo is early though, I've gotten 4 positives and all showed up on 12 dpo and not a minute before that so you aren't out yet. As for DH's reaction, I can say that my DH has definitely been the one carrying me through this and luckily I haven't had to return the favour because I don't think I could:S He gets sad when we get our hopes up but I'm the only who cries like a baby lol. I will be crossing my fingers that you still get a BFP! And this time you will know for sure.

Darian- good luck with your hsg! Mine never found anything which really upset me because I just wanted to be able to blame my infertility on something and then simply fix the problem. Keep us posted!

Jandbbaby- I felt the exact same way you did! It sort of went in stages. When we first started trying, we were thinking we would go as far a Clomid and if that didn't work, we'd stop trying. But when Clomid didn't work we were devastated and baffled so suddenly IUI was on the table. So we did 6 rounds of IUI and when that didn't work we were yet again devastated and baffled and then, poof, IVF was on the table lol. Money will be tight but I've heard from other IVF ladies that you don't even think about the money when you finally have your baby, it feels like nothing more than a car payment every month. I hope like crazy you don't need an IVF or IUI and that Femara does the trick but I love your attitude on never giving up and I think adoption is great (my husband was adopted)! My only strong suggestion, if you haven't already, get DH in for a SA and do it more than once. It is my biggest regret not having him tested at least twice. His counts are sometimes high but more often then not, they are super low so Clomid was basically a waste of time as was IUI. People don't know that 25% of infertility issues are due to the males sperm. Good luck with this round and I hope those follicles kick in real good!

Anyway, I hope anyone who has been actively trying for over a year reads this and has a light bulb moment and has their man checked out before too much time passes.

Sloony- How close were you to being a New Year baby?

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hopefull - the dr gave mom option to be new year or eve she took tax dec. I think I was born 2pm she got 1700$ bc I was born on the eve lol

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies i have been watching this thread for a while now but havent posted.
I was wondering if you could help me out with something, there seems to be a lot of knowledgable women on here!

a bit of background first might help:

me 27, DH 31
all tests normal, unknown issues
TTC 17 months - no bpfs
metformin - 4 months
2nd round of clomid, pregnyl shots,
cycle day 25 today AF due day 28
11 dpo

I took a test at 10 Dpo and got a faint BFP, did this in the afternoon and it came up faint but straight away.

took one today at 6am, another faint positive, callled the clinic to ask if it was the pregnyl, she said it wouldnt be as i had it 13 days ago and to come in for a blood test on friday.

the thing is i have no real symptoms and im afraid that the tests are wrong.

what do you think? would be much appreciated for any responses

Regards

11 years ago

Well today I had my ultrasound to see if the cyst was gone. I received a personal phone call at work from my doctor saying, "yes it's gone". I'm thrilled! also I have not received a positive ovulation kit since June unless on medication. This month I got a positive ovulation and had a great size follicle on my own! Hoping this is our month!!!!

11 years ago

Gunzzz- That's great news! I too hope this is your month!! Fingers crossed:)

MrsRogers- It's a shame we didn't get to know you a bit before posting your success. Congrats

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Mrs Rogers, that sounds like it is gooooood! I am 5 weeks pregnant, and no symptoms at all. I feel great! :)

GUNZ!!!!!!!! That is GREAT!!!!!!!! Eeeeeek, how exciting!

Mama to 3(14, 10, & 6). PCOS. 2 clomid pregnancies(150 10 days). Hoping to complete our family soon

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind that I'm still posting even though clomid/menopur/iui didn't work for me.

Hopefull, I'm looking forward to reading about your ivf. I'm relating to what you wrote think that each ttc step will be the last. I hope that ivf will be your answer.

I had so much hope that clomid would fix whatever is causing my chemical pregnancies. When it thinned my lining, I tried menopur and IUI. I was devastated when that didn't work. Now I'm trying to figure out what the next step is. I'm doing accupuncture and herbs. Which is funny to me because I'm usually the most cynical person out there when it comes to alternative medicine. I figured I'd try it as I ran out of most other options.

I'm starting to think about ivf, but really worried it wouldn't work for me since I can get pregnant, but can't stay pregnant.

I've been depressed all month, knowing that my first bfp had a December due date, and I'm not even pregnant. Then I think about the lovely vacation I could have went on if I didn't throw away thousands last month at the RE.

This cycle, I'm completely confused. I started temping on the advice of my acupuncturist, but not sure if I've had a thermal shift. I'm on cycle day 22. I had a very near positive opk about a week ago.

11 years ago

Having a down day today, it's all starting to sink in that our chances weren't very good this month and this is the end of the road for us. I'm so beyond grateful and thankful for our little ds, but, man, did I want just one more chance to do it all again. I've just had a rough day, and it's all starting to compound in my over tired brain. Ugh, hoping sleep is the answer and I feel better tomorrow.

11 years ago

Morning ladies,

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

Our doc does not after the first month do blood or schedule u/s or monitor in any way. She sees you for the first time and does strict monitoring and then after that you're on your own until you fall pregnant. Once you have done 6 cycles without falling pregnant then she does a follow up visit.

Last AF the 3 days was very light, no pains or cramping or bloating or sensitive boobies. Nothing.
This time round its heavy, there's cramping, back pains the works.

Will hold out and see what happens this month.
Should we conceive this month we would be due on our 2 year wedding anniversary (day before my birthday).

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

Hello all,

Gunzz: So glad the cyst is gone! for you this month!!!! Happy !

Hopefull: I'm praying we don't have to go as far as IVF either! I hope it works for you the first time and that you have plenty of embroys to freeze!
DH has had one SA that came back fabulous! Numbers, motility and morphology were all double to triple the "normal". But I will ask RE if we should check again. If we do the IUI they will be checking anyway when the do the washing. I'm curious - Did u try any injectable meds during your IUI? U mentioned clomid then iui but not what meds you did with the iui. I'm trying to stay positive that the follitism and iui will work. I have a friend that was ttc over 2 years. Had to see my RE for 9 months but finally got pregnant with twins!!! using femara, follitism and iui! She has beautiful twins - one boy, one girl - who are about 8 months old! I'm praying that we have similar results!!!
If your husbands counts are low then that could help explain a lot for u guys. :( Problems with both partners really exacerbates the issues! I have a friend at work who's husband had low counts but she is totally fine. RE told them they could try iui but IVF was their best chance. They went ahead and did the IVF and she is expecting twins this spring! I hope you have similar good news to share soon!

AFM: Not much going on. CD 15 today and still no signs of O. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm worried that I won't O on my own this month becuase I'm sick. (I have a hx of skipping a month when I'm sick). But then again hopefully that one follicle is still growing and if I O in another couple days it could be big enough!
and to everyone!!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo