Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 8

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

295 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 295 Replies | Last Page

Mrs F- sorry to hear about stupid AF, it's not fair that she prolongs the wait, what a tease, *hugs*

Jandbaby- Why are you out this cycle? I have had those numbers on CD 13 before and ended up triggering 3-4 days later with perfect numbers measuring 18-22. Unless I misunderstood:S And the girl you are refering to is GLmeyers I think and from what I gather it has been 7 years "off and o
6[=n" but I do agree, a different doctor is needed for sure!

AFM- Starting to get pumped for January!!! I really feel like no matter what, I'm going to be pregnant in the next few months. I am the perfect candidate for IVF so it HAS to work or nothing else will and it will be much easier to give up the baby dream once I know I've tried ev-er-ee-thing known to man! It's going to be super strange to be growing 10-20 follicles all at once though, eeek!

Hope everyone else is doing well:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hopeful: I feel like I'm out cause my follicles seem to stall at 14-15mm. They aren't planning on doing anymore u/s either. They even said I could just o on my own - they weren't good enough to bother with a trigger shot. I guess there is always a small chance, but its very small my follicles r 14mm on cd 11, cd14 or cd18. Hoping the follitism helps! Is this ur first try at IVF? How long have u been ttc ?

11 years ago

Well I couldnt wait to post lol
I am 22 years old, my other half is 25.
He has a low sperm count and I had ovulation issues and pcos, and im overweight.

We both took 500mg of vitamin C for 2 months, I took it for a month and a half, during my period while I was taking clomid, but stopped after stopped the last clomid pill.

It also helped his sperm count tremendously.
This was my first round of clomid cd 5-9, 50mgs.
I also took a wholefood multivitamin from New chapter.
We did this almost 2 months before starting clomid.

* We also BD every other day and every day since ovulation., I used Conceive plus Lube and the applicators along with clomid.

0 DPO - Had a positive OPK, and ovulation dull ache on my left side, some bloating., blood test confirmed strong Ovulation.

1 DPO - Still some ovulation dull ache but not much, slight sore nipples.

2 DPO - Noticed my nipples were ALOT tender overnight, moody, and exhausted and thirsty

3 DPO - Sore nipples, crazy dreams, weepy, dreams, dizzy.

4 DPO -Sore nipples, hungry and exhausted, bloated.

5 DPO - sore nipples, hungry, appetite, slight nausea, dreams, exhausted.

6 DPO - same as last, but bloated as well.

7 DPO - all i noticed was I was hungry and had an appetite and my sore nipples.

8 DPO - hungry, sore nipples and couldnt sleep.

9 DPO - sharp pain for a split second, hungry, exhausted, thirsty and dreams, nipples are sore.

10 DPO - Noticed my nipples aren't as sore anymore., tired, alot of cm, hungry and nausea.
11 DPO - Dizzy, exhausted, slightly sore nipples and dreams.

12 DPO - Woke up today and my nipples barely hurt, BUT the sides of my breast were sore! I felt out this month. thirsty, dreams still, feel sick.

13 DPO - Vomited as soon as I got out of bed and into the bathroom. Sides of breast still sore, weepy, cried about wanting a day off work lol and very moody ;x, Had dull pressure and was certain my period was coming anytime in the next 3 days.

14 DPO - I woke up in the am and was sad, I was sure I was out this month. Only my boobs hurt and I read clomid could cause that, and other pregnancy symptoms so i chalked all those symptoms to clomid. My boobs on the side were sore and i was passing out everywhere but i have worked alot, and had a crazy dream.

15 DPO (Dec-16th) Woke up in the morning, laid in bed and debated testing, I was so sick of negatives =[ and the test cost so much I didnt want to test early and miss it, I only had one test left. I got up and said Oh well I'll buy more then.
Sat on the toilet after POAS and didnt even want to look at it.
Got up off the toilet and looked over within a minute.. and BFP!!!

Why is it always when we lose hope & feel like we hit rock bottom does the wonders of the world surprise us? lol

I was TTC for 4 years, since I lost my daughter Julia at 5 months pregnant in 2008. This is my second time being pregnant, I wasnt prepared the first time, as I didnt know I was pregnant until 3 months last time. But I will do everything I can for my lil pumpkin seed.

11 years ago

Congrats, Metal Yuri. I don't recall seeing you post before. I did take a break from our little group for a while, so I may just not have "met" you before. Did I just miss your introduction? :)

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

I need assistance, last week I had a light AF and started taking my clomid CD 3 - 7. Well then the light AF ended (last month was same, very light but didn't take anything).

Surprise surprise after AF left and was gone, I woke up at 4am and BOOM she arrived AGAIN. So now the question is, do I take clomid again from CD3 - 7 this cycle or skip it? I need help as I need to know. What would you do. One of the nursing staff who work here said there is no harm in taking again, it could only boost the chances of concieving again. She said either stick to your days of CD3 - 7 or take from CD 5 instead. I don't know at all.

I googled it and there's been quite a few posts about woman having to double dose after miscarriage with clomid to jump start system and then those who have had short cycles and taken again in a short time span.

What would you do?

User Image LMP - 01/09/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7, O = 15 Sept, on 27/09/2012 Missed Miscarriage at 8wks and D & C performed. LMP - 09/12/2012, 50mg fertomid from CD 3 - 7 (very short and light cycle) LMP - 18/12/2012 (debating if I should take fertomid again in this cycle) - 8 January 2013 and confirmed with bloods on 10 January 2013

11 years ago

Jandbaby- Well my fingers are crossed for you. For me, I didn't ovulate on my own till around cd 18. When I triggered it was averaged at cd 16 and my follicles were around 18mm. It's a shame you can't do another u/s to find out. It's not uncommon for one follicle to stop growing but usually one will still keep going. I hope this is your case! Been trying for 2 years: 5 rounds of clomid, then 6 rounds of IUI and now IVF. This is our last stitch of hope so here is hoping that it works the first time or we at least have some embies to freeze. Wish me luck!

Metal yuri- I don't recall seeing you on here before either, I must have also missed your introduction. Were you actively trying for 4 years?? Congrats:)

Lindsaytom- I see no harm in doing another 3-7. The only thing that could occur is you could produce too many follicles with that dose of Clomid. A lot of women find that their period comes back after they take their last pill but my doctor said that isn't a big deal and to just carry on as normal and to not take a second dose. I find that when I start Clomid my period is shortened by it and every once in a while I will bleed again a few days after the last pill but my cycle ends up fine. If your doc says its okay and they are monitoring you via u/s then taking another round should be fine.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

Hey girls! I hope everyone is doing ok! Im so nervous about my HSG on Thursday. I hope it shows everything is ok! I am on CD 6 I just took my 100mg of Clomid this morning and HOLY HOTFLASHES!! LOL I finsh up tom. and that will end 4 cycles on Clomid I hope it works out this month for all of us!

Rocker- Yay!! on your rising HCG!

Ive been thinking of all of you ladies!!
Have a good Tuesday!

11 years ago

Congrats Metal Yuri! Had you been POAS at all before you got the BFP?

Lindsaytom- I wish I could help but that hasn't happened to me (yet).

As for me, I'm pretty sure my BFP was leftover trigger shot. It's a huge letdown... we really had our hopes up. I'm 11 dpo now and the HPT was clearly negative this morning. I think my husband is taking it worse than I am, which is pretty hard to deal with. Does that ever happen with you guys? How do you deal with trying to stay positive when they're so down?

11 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Lindsayatom: I had this happen alot. AF was very light usually lasting 2-3 days then would stop and then a couple days later start back up again and last about two days or until I finished my clomid. RE said that this is normal with clomid due to it's effect on estrogen which is dominant during the first part of your cycle. I would just continue on with your cycle as normal counting from your "first" af. Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!

babybaby: Sorry about the . But it's still early - your only like 11 DPO right. You could still get a ! And this time you'll know it's real as you've had a negative and know the trigger is out of your system! for you!

Hopefull: We will still be trying this month hoping that the one follicle continued to grow but I'm not going to get my hopes up. They said that the 14mm folly could grow more on it's own but they would have liked it to be bigger yesterday and had me trigger today (cd14). I usually O on my own about cd17-18 so I guess we'll see.
So far we've done 4 rounds of clomid and 1 round of femara. We're adding follistism next month with the femara. We've talkled about doing an iui but it's not worth it until my eggs get to be a decent size. If the meds work next month and my eggs look good and we still don't get pregnant then we'll add the iui the following month. IUI is not covered under our insurance so I don't want to do it if there is not much chance of it working.
with the IVF! When do u go for your retrivial? R they monitoring you now for the number and size of your follicles? that you have plenty of good follies and enough embroys to freeze! DH and I have talked about IVF in the future but I'm not sure we'll take it that far. I have a history of infertility in my family and IVF has not been successful for any of them. So it's hard to spend the money when the odds are low it will work. But we'll see. It's hard to give up the dream of having your own baby without doing everything you can to get pregnant. :( We've also talked about adoption. We want to be parents. If we can't have one of our own then I know there are lots of children out there that need homes. I am confident that one way or the other we will have our family someday!!!!
to all!

11 years ago

First off I want to give to everyone well I I'm almost sure I O yesterday so that I will get a for my bday on the 31 o how this could be a good 35th bday. There has been some good news around and good luck to all of u

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo