Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 8

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

295 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

211 - 220 of 295 Replies | Last Page

Hey babylove:) Originals rock lol! I feel the same way. I have a heck of a time wrapping my mind around the fact that I started this forum and almost a year later, I'm still here:S Anyway, I guess that's just life. Have your doctors told you what they think might be the problem? Were you put on Clomid due to not ovulating? My only strong suggestion is to get an updated semen analysis before doing IUI. I have heard of many couples not being candidates for IUI due to low counts, however they would have to be under 10 million mobile sperm for it to be an issue so I wouldn't stress. I used preseed but as it turned out, male factor infertility was also part of our problem conceiving so it didn't help. Only use a baby bit, I find if you use the suggested amount you end up with a lot of semen (tmi!!) and preseed leaking out. Anyway, I wish you loads of luck in the future!!

AFM- I start this nasal spray tomorrow that is intended to keep my lining thin and my follicles super small so they all grow at the same rate. Then I start my injections on the 12th and egg retrieval on the 24th!! Woot woot! Finally going places. February 9th I find out if I'm pregnant which doesn't seem too far away anymore so I'm in a much better place just knowing that we are working towards the end goal. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and baby dust to all!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

I had my follow up appointment yesterday and I got an ultrasound done, it showed that I have two small follicles on my left ovary and one big follicle on my right, that's where my OB thinks the egg will most likely be released. So I get to go back Saturday morning to get my first hcg trigger shot (10000 iu) I have to pick up the trigger shot today from the pharmacy. I'm hoping it isn't going to cost too much. I know having a baby isn't cheap, but with it being so close after Christmas, I have a lot of bills to catch up on lol
But it is extremely exciting knowing that I'm that much closer to the possibility of having a baby. I don't want to get my hopes up to high because there is a chance that it won't work.
Here's hoping 2013 brings lots of love happiness and baby joy to all of us!!!

Jennifer ttc #1 Diagnosed with PCOS 11/27/12 Praying for a

11 years ago

Hi Hopefullll!

Our fertility doc couldn't find anything that is preventing us from conceiving. All bloodwork, ultrasounds, sperm analysis, hsg and progesterone tests came back good. When I did take Clomid last spring it did up my levels though which could indicate I don't ovulate on my own every month. My opk's and temping indicate I ovulate probably 75 percent of the time. Thanks for the advice on doing the SA again before we do IUI. I will prob have another u/s before taking the clomid again too. I've had 2 cycles where I was positive I was pregnant-all the symptoms, including being late by a few days. Those are prob the hardest cycles for me! That is so exciting you are almost ready for IUI-my fingers, eyes and toes are all crossed for you!!

User Image

11 years ago

Babylove9- Good luck with your few months coming up. I have used preseed for about the last year, and I don't really have an opinion about it... it hasn't helped (I got pregnant the months when we didn't use it), but I don't know if it hurt, either. I have friends who swear by it, though.

Hopefulll- Yay! I hope this is your time! :D :D :D I hope everything goes smoothly and perfectly!

Jupitor- The cost is really high, and it sucks how much financial strain IF puts on us. That's good news about your follicles :)

AFM- I was supposed to see a pos. OPK yesterday or day before (if this was a normal cycle for me) but I didn't get one. I use the digital, so it's pretty clear pos or neg. However, I saw a really dark line that I would have called pos on CD 11 (which is really early for me). The digi said negative, but it sure looked positive to me. I've read a few places that the lines used in a digi OPK can be read the same as every other test. I'm hoping that it was my spike and I O'ed and the digi just didn't pick it up. My lines have gotten lighter everyday since then.
Also, my brother (the one who said they've been trying "for so long" and only been trying 3 months) just told me his wife is pregnant. But he was really sensitive about it.

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

Ha... I feel silly. I just read that the digi OPKs record your levels with every test to compare the levels and look for a spike. I did not know that, so I have been using my reader for multiple months. There are so many sticks, and I never use them all in one month! I was trying to save money by using one box for two cycles. Perhaps that was my O spike earlier and it didn't say pos. because this spike had lower levels than my last spike. I'm going to be hopeful and say that I should have had a positive OPK on Tuesday. AND always buy a brand new digital OPK reader every month from now on! Just thought I would let you know so you all don't make the same mistake. Although, I'm sure you all are much smarter than I am and knew this already :P

11 years ago

Well so much for a good bday gift took a blood test at work today and it came up<2.0 so so I guess will be here on or about Tue boy so I guess another round of clomid bf I see the dr for my 3 mo checkup on clomid I will be 35 on Monday so maybe we will try something eles the clock is ticking it took us 13yrs bf we found out the time we had our son and we did not use anything to have him but after his loss I just long for a living child and was hoping this was the year but I hope all of u have better luck

User Image

11 years ago

So ladies Im having a really rough day:( of course everyone around me in prego even my best friend! Ugh! It seems like I am only ovulating every other month. Im on day 18 and still no pos opk........ im just so discouragaed!

11 years ago

Well I went to get my hcg trigger shot today, I was so excited and everything, only to find out that my follicles haven't grown...so I have to wait till Monday morning. This is really discouraging. And if they don't get any bigger, we'll have to cancel for this cycle and try again next cycle. Does anyone know of anything that I could do to get my follicles to grow? I'm new to all this.
Oh a good note, my OB is willing to do anything he can to help us get pregnant even come in this office on the weekend and a holiday. I feel really blessed to have such a devoted OB.

Jennifer ttc #1 Diagnosed with PCOS 11/27/12 Praying for a

11 years ago

Allison- I used the clearblue fertility monitor a long time ago and I found some months the levels were totally off from the month before. What brand are you using?

Sloony- I'm really sorry you didn't get your birthday wish and I really hope it happens for you in the early new year. Hopefully you will get some answers on you 3 month visit to your docs.

Darianh- *hugs* My besty will soon be trying again and I am seriously worried about how I will react when it happens. My brothers girlfriend is pregnant and I have a heck of a time not crying or leaving the room when she talks about her pregnancy so it must be awfull seeing your best friend experiencing what you want to experience too. If you don't think you are ovulating I would suggest another day 21 blood test to check your progesterone levels. They may have to adjust your clomid dose. Happens a lot on here so nothing to worry about and easy to correct, just sucks to have to wait another month.

Jupitor- sounds like you have a great ob. You are super lucky! Don't worry about your follicles yet. Often one follicle will stop growing and the one or two will keep growing. As for taking anything esle to help with follicle growth, it isn't suggested because it could conflict with the clomid but definitely talk to your doc or nurse on that one. The only thing my nurse suggested was acupuncture but it takes 1-2 sessions a week to see results which can be expensive. Anyway, I hope they keep growing! Keep us updated

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

hopefulll- I figured that would be the case, that levels can be different from month to month. I'm using the clearblue digital ovulation predictor kit. I had a clearblue fertility monitor for a few months when I participated in a study for a university. It's so nice! I wish I still had one. But the sticks are so expensive. Perhaps I can save up and invest it one soon.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo