Community post

Discussion

Moms-to-be with more than a year under our belts...

View Full Post

Hi Ladies,

I recently joined a moms-to-be thread and that didn't work... too general, looooooots of people started following and I couldn't keep up. Are there a few of you who have been trying for around a year or a little more that want to start our own?

If so, respond with the following:

Name:
TTC#:
Cycles TTC:
What you look forward to most about being pregnant?:

Thanks gals,
Hope to see responses back soon! : )

53 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 53 Replies | Last Page

Thanks so much for starting this thread, I've found that I don't really relate to those who have only been ttc for a few months or who are fixated on symptoms, b/c it just feels like I've been ttc for so long...but I know others have been ttc for even longer!

Elizabeth
ttc #1 for 15 cycles, last two with Clomid
unexplained infertility

And the thing I am most looking forward to is holding my baby in my arms and feeling what everyone describes as the best moment in their lives, and a love like no other.

I agree with what so many on this thread already described, the monthly routines of watching for ovulation, taking scores of vitamins, and trying not to obsess.

Sophie, I also have a lot of friends who started ttc around the same time as me and most of them have babies by this point. It's hard b/c I am happy for them, but they usually talk incessantly about their babies (understandably) while I feel more and more separated from them. I'd love to be able to compare notes and have playdates! Instead, I find myself being very particular about which invitations we accept b/c I know that I usually feel sad and weepy on our way home and sometimes the next day. I also have a coworker who just got married and has been vocal about wanting kids soon-I'm just dreading the day she announces her pregnancy at work b/c right now work is my baby-free zone...

Anyways, look forward to continuing this thread with you ladies and comparing options. We are meeting with a new RE this week to get his opinion about whether we should proceed with IUI or save up for IVF. Hope this will be a supportive and lucky thread for all of us!

12 years ago

I'm glad to see that more have joined this thread. It's so nice to hear from all of you and a bit about your experience so far. DH and I met last week with our RE to discuss the results of our tests. We learned that DH's sperm have poor shape and motility. The RE recommended we try no more than 3 cycles of IUI and if we aren't successful, move on to IVF. Despite my anxiety over the past year, it was still a surprise to hear that there really is something wrong. We were both really sad the first few days, but with a little time we're beginning to get excited for our first cycle of IUI. I expect we'll start in a little over a week. How is everyone else doing?

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Sophie,

That must have been hard news, but at least you have a sense of what has been standing in your way? Exciting that you can now get on your way with IUI's and, if necessary, IVF. I've heard many stories of ART really helping with male factor issues. Wishing you the best of luck, keep us posted!!

I'm hoping that our visit with a new RE on Thursday can help us get our own plan of action started...our last doctor was very easygoing, which was good in some ways, but I never felt that we had a firm plan and I think that would help... I'm just not sure if we should try IUI or save up and go straight for IVF. Since we're unexplained infertility, there doesn't seem to be a clear answer.

What are other's thoughts/ plans?

12 years ago

Sophie -- sorry to hear about DH's sperm issues. It's hard to hear but knowing there's a reason you keep getting BFNs hopefully will help you take control of a treatment plan. I hate the "unexplained infertility" label. Plus, you get to star the plan soon!

Elizabeth -- good luck with the new RE on Thursday. Let us know how it goes.

Jill -- hoping this is your month too!

Evelyn, Kris, Heather & Jenn -- how are things going for you?

AFM, I think I forgot to say my name is Erin. This is my first month of clomid @ 50mg days 3-7. I had my day 10 bloodwork & U/S last tuesday and in the tech's words had a "nice, ripe juicy" follicle. It was quite large but don't remember the size. She couldn't give an "official" opinion but said I was likely to O in the next 3 days (by Friday). I did an OPK when I got home from the U/S & got a faint line. Not sure if was residual clomid or not but I often ovulate early. Since then NOTHING has shown up on OPKs & I've tested each day.

I'm frustrated since I'm trying something new this cycle that's supposed to help but don't have any idea what's up with my body. No EWCM this month, which is a known side effect of clomid. No positive OPKs and I always get one no later than day 16 -- today is day 17. I know Clomid can delay O, but do you think it's possible I O'd early? I go for more bloodwork and another U/S on Friday so hopefully I'll have a better idea then. In the meantime though, I'm also supposed to start progesterone 3 days after O. At this point I'm assuming I've O'd but didn't catch it on an OPK. There's a chance I haven't. I can't take the progesterone until after O but I'm worried that waiting until Friday will mean it's too late for it to be effective this month. Anyone have any suggestions.

Oh, and sorry about the long post. I had to vent a bit.

12 years ago

Erin, that sounds really frustrating!! I've heard a lot of people say that they experienced changes in CM with Clomid. I took Clomid for two months and it increased my CM by a lot and I remember my dr telling me not to test for ovulation until Day 13 b/c Clomid might give me a false positive before then (even though I usuallly ovulate on day 12). She said that Clomid shouldn't delay ovulation, and I don't think it did for me. I've also heard that a lot of people experience the LH surge in the afternoon so that if you test in the morning, you may miss it on a test. It sounds like you are pretty sure that you ovulated, but it can get confusing! Good luck and keep us posted!!

12 years ago

Hi!
Name: Elana
TTC#:1
Cycles TTC: 22
What you look forward to most about being pregnant?: Everything!!! Mostly being a mom and raising a little one with good values and an energy for life. I also can't wait for the baby bump and cute little outfits! Just everything!

User Image

12 years ago

Welcome Elana,
I totally love your answer for what you look forward to the most! : ) The bump and cute clothes! I think shopping for a girl will be much more fun than a boy... There's only so much cute plaid and jean outfilts haha!

I am very excited people have responded to this thread so positively! This is somebody's month! : ) Congratulations to whoever it is first! : )

I'm near O right now anyone else here the same place in their cycle. I am CD13... I'd love to have a partner : D

Lots of baby dust ladies

12 years ago • Post starter

Hey momsheart, we are very close in our cycles, I'm on day 15 and I think I ovulated around day 12-13...

Maybe this will be both of our lucky cycles!!

12 years ago

Thanks Momsheart! Yes, I am supposed to O in 2 days! I definitely feel it will be someone's lucky month! I agree that girl clothes will be incredibly fun to shop for, but boys clothes can be fun too (but the little dresses make my eyes water! :))

I am very glad to be on this thread!

User Image

12 years ago

79 girl, I hope it will be your lucky month too!

User Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo