Community post

Discussion

Moms-to-be with more than a year under our belts...

Hi Ladies,

I recently joined a moms-to-be thread and that didn't work... too general, looooooots of people started following and I couldn't keep up. Are there a few of you who have been trying for around a year or a little more that want to start our own?

If so, respond with the following:

Name:
TTC#:
Cycles TTC:
What you look forward to most about being pregnant?:

Thanks gals,
Hope to see responses back soon! : )

53 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 53 Replies | Last Page

Hi my name is Kris and we are TTC #1 for 19 cycles. I had an early miscarriage in July but have not had luck before or after that pregnancy. What I look forward to most about being pregnant is finally being able to share my good news!

This is my first time posting on any site and I think it is time that I start talking to others who are going through the same things as I am. I look forward to meeting and talking to all of you!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

TTC #1
Cycles TTC: about 24 (lost count)
1 IVF cycle
I most look forward to the first time I feel baby move inside me How amazing will that feel

12 years ago

TTC #1
Cycles TTC: 13

I am really glad you started this thread. I think the TTC journey is very different once you've been trying for more than a year. It will be great to be able to share with others in a similar position. It's hard to say what I'm looking forward to the most about finally being pregnant. I think it's perhaps that my husband and I will finally permit ourselves to start planning for the day we can bring our baby home - picking out things for the nursery, considering names, debating over daycare. It will be so nice to be able to start planning in earnest for the next stage in our lives.

User Image

12 years ago

Heather
TTC#1
18 months - one pregnancy exactly a year ago that resulted in MC at 8 weeks

Im glad you started this thread too - I just get frustrated and angry sometimes in the other general area. I think once you get to this point, it's a whole different mix of emotions, at least it is for me. I started out so excited about TTC and hopeful for the future. Now, well to be honest I'm debating going on antidepressants - just feeling like a failure lately while everyone around me seems to have no problem whatsoever getting pregnant.

How long are everyone cycles? Mine average about 28-30 days - ovulating on CD 16 or 18.

12 years ago

26-30 days - ovulating on CD 14 or 16

It really does get frustrating! I am in the same boat. It always feels like everyone else is sharing their news and I just have to sit and smile.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

Ladies!
Yes I find it is so different once you have a year under your belt!

To those of you who see people around you giving birth and getting pregnant so easy, I totally understand and feel the same way too!

I just spent the whole day in the hospital with my best friend coaching her to give birth to her little girl... A year ago I told her we should get pregnant together, haha! My friend got pregnant the first cycle, just had the baby, and I still have not conceived. I hit a wall of emotions when I got home... Good thing the hubby was here to hold me for a bit.

Don't give up girls, it will be worth it all when we get to anounce to everyone around, feel the baby move, and start our diligent planning! : )

Oh and my cycle is 28 days and I'm not positive about ovulation, used to be 14is.

Fertile wombs to all! : )

12 years ago • Post starter

My cycles have ranged from 27 days to 39 days. I use OPKs and AF starts 15 days after I get a positive test.

I think I've stopped imagining telling people the news and holding a child of my own because it's too painful. We just keep trying every month but without really thinking about why we're engaged in this funny routine of ovulation tests and required intercourse. Which is not to say that we don't try to make the BD fun; it's just that the routine of it has become sort of disconnected from the end goal so that when I test every month when AF is due and get a negative we both just accept it immediately and move on with the rest of our day.

I'm not removed enough though that it doesn't hit me like a ton of bricks at times. I love hanging out with my two friends and their infant sons. I truly enjoy holding their adorable little boys and talking with each of my friends about their challenges and joys at being first time moms. But, a few weeks ago, I was with the two of them and the conversation turned to something mundane but baby related - a bottle brand or something- and I realized that I had nothing to add. It was as if they were in their own little wonderful, beautiful, life-changing club and I was never going to get the chance to join them. My heart ached for their experiences and the love they felt for their children. I felt like someone on the outside looking in at a life I can't have no matter how hard I try.

So, I guess that's why I work to keep the dream of actually having a baby at a distance. It's also why I'm so grateful to be able to share with others in the same position.

User Image

12 years ago

Hey Ladies!

I would love to join in

My name is Jenn and im 24 and DH is 25.
TTC# 1 together, I have a DD from a previous relationship
Cycles TTC: 13
Im looking forward to stopping with all the gimics and pregnancy tests and just being able to enjoy being pregnant.

I also talked to my sister in law and we decided to start ttc together and have babies together. Well she has a 2 month old little girl and I dont :( Its so hurtful when you can see that you should also have a baby that age!

My cycles are 30 days long and I ovulate on CD 16. Im currently 5dpo.

Where are you ladies in your cycle?

TTC #2 for 17 months DD: 5 DH:25 Me:25 User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I'm 32 & DH is 37
TTC#: 1
Cycles TTC: 19 and counting

I'm sooo looking forward to being done with all the monitoring, tests and disapoointment that comes with each passing month.

That being said I'm actually more positive & hopeful today than 6mths ago. We've seen an RE & did all the testing. Last month started progesterone. This month added Clomid 50mg days 3-7. Trying pre-seed this cycle too.

I'm day 12 today & had an u/s Tuesday. Nice, big "ripe" follicle according to the technician & that I was likely to O soon. Typically my cycles are 24-30 days but last month 31 because of the progesterone.

Wishing everyone baby dust! Keep smiling & stay hopeful

12 years ago

Hi Ladies!! I am so glad you started this thread.

Name: Jill (23) DH(25)
TTC#: 1 (had one mc back in may at 6 weeks)
Cycles TTC:12mo Natural 9mo On Clomid/Metformin

So sorry for all the losses out there!

I am looking forward to hearing that sweet little heartbeat! If I can just get there! DH and I are so ready for this. All of my friends are having babies left and right!!

Our Current Treatment Plan: 7dpo today!
Clomid 150mg 3-7
Metformin 1500mg daily
HCG trigger shot when Follies are ready (This month I had 3 measuring 1.8/2.1/2.6

Im really hoping this is all of our months!!!

@quirkmomhopes My cycle days are 29-30days every month

Came Off BC- Feb 2010 Started Clomid 100mg- Feb 2011 Added Metformin 1500mg-March 2011 Added HCG TriggerShot-April 2011 Easter 2011-BFP!!! May 2,2011 July/August/September 2011- 100mg Clomid/1500mg Metformin/HCG Trigger Shot along with follicle checks! October 2011- Same plan just bumped up to 150mg Clomid.. User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo