Community post

Discussion

Has anyone tried conceiving using a SD?

My DH and I have decided to use a SD. So, I want to hear all the positive and negative impacts it has had on the marriage and especially on your DH.This is a very tough decision to make. I have already chosen the potential donor, I'm so excited.

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

We're currently considering this route--doctor's appointment in a few weeks to figure out if we can move forward.

I've been reading "Helping the Stork: The Choices and Challenges of Donor Insemination" (roughly 20 dollars for a copy) by Carol Frost Vercollone (Author), Heidi Moss (Author), Robert Moss (Author). They share stories from real couples and discuss things such as "to tell or not to tell", emotional issues, marital issues, etc. GREAT READ!!

Good luck on this next step in your journey!

Me 33 DH 36, TTC Almost 4 Years Sept-Nov 2010 IUI #1-3: BFN June-July 2011 IUI #4-5: clomid, progesterone: BFN Aug-Sept 2011: IUI #6-7: clomid, progesterone, Gonal-F: BFN October 2011: IUI #8: 0.5 per cent chance of conception. Moving to DS. November 2011: IUI 9, 20 million with DS, 2 eggs, BFN. March 2012: IUI 10, 15 million with DS, clomid, 1 egg, BFN April 2012: IUI 11, 13 million with DS, clomid, Femara, Bravelle, Estrace, trigger shot of HCG, 2 eggs, heart full of hope http://www.fertilethoughts.com/forums/blogs/wannabebe2/

12 years ago

My husband and I got pregnant last April using a sperm donor and IUI. Our beautiful daughter was born in December. Our marriage is stronger because of what we have gone through to have our daughter. We were very lucky to have the support from all of our family. The fact that our daughter is not biologically my husbands has never come up at all. We are now just about to start another IUI round with a sperm donor. It was the best decision we ever made. We have decided to tell our daughter as she grows up and there is a great series of books called Telling and Talking which comes from the U.K, that helps parents with telling their children. There were also a couple of really great article called letter from Olivia to would-be DI Mums and A letter from Walter to would-be DI Dads, You can find pdf versions at this link http://www.donor-conception-network.org/leaflets.htm. They really helped us in our decision. Good luck with your decision

12 years ago

I just saw this response, this is very encouraging and thanks for sharing your story, Glad you had success with IUI.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo