Community post

Discussion

POS OPK at CD 29...is that even possible??!!??!?!

Ok so here I am, CD 29...testing with HPT every morning, AF due tomorrow (but I have a very irregular cycle, so maybe I'm wrong in the AF date)...and today when I went to the $ store to get more HPT...I thought ok, what the heck, let me get an OPK as well...so I took it at 6PM (I had about 6h since I had last went to the bathroom), and I got a blasting Positive OPK. Is that even possible? Of course tonight it's "party time"...lol, JUST IN CASE, but seriously, it means that my TWW starts now? This is the darkest OPK that I got this month...the test line is MUCH darker than the control line... BTW, the HPT came out negative...

What is going on? Did this happen to anybody else? I am so confused...

I have only few symtoms, very sore/tingly bbs and nipples, had some sharp cramps today (very little, but pretty strong), very emotional, very tired, and a little nausea...but could all be because of AF...or PMSing...donnooooooo HELP!!!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

5 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Yes that is possible. Have you recently stopped taking birth control? 2 months after I stopped I got a positive on day 27 and it remained positive for 5 days after that. Each month they have moved up a little bit into my cycle. This month (cycle 5) was day 18. My doctor says my cycles are just slowly getting back on track after taking the pill for so long.

A positive OPK could also mean you are pregnant since HcG and LH are nearly structurally identical but since you said you got a negative HPT it seems as though you are just ovulating really late...or you just have a weird/random lh surge. Are you temperature charting? I have found this to be much more informative than OPKs.

13 years ago

Hello TeacherToria,

Thanks so much for your post!!! I really appreciate your feedback!
I have not been on BC in a very long time, since 2006 I think, and with my son I got pregnant the second month we tried. However my cycles have always been very weird. Anywhere from 29 days to 55 days...
After giving birth in Feb. 2009, my period has continued to be very irregular. Here is the pattern for the past couple of months for CD 1:
May 23
July 10
August 10
Sept. 21
And this month...who knows...
So today I am CD 30, and I took another OPK out of curiosity! It is soooooo positive! The test line is so much darker thant he control line...even darker than yesterday. I do not really charting my temperature very closely, but I did notice that there was a small increase in temps last night and this morning...I did not take my temps before getting out of bed though, I took it during the day (I`m not sure if that counts).
So last night we - hopefully it was not too late - and we will again today and for the next couple of days...we have to put all the chances on our side.
But now, how do I count my DPO, is it 1 DPO today since yesterday I got the first OPK...donno. Also, since I did not do OPK the day before yesterday, I am not even sure if I had already ovulated before...

Arghhh, this is so hard!!!!

Where are you in your cycle, let me know!!!
Take good care and thanks again for your advise!

13 years ago • Post starter

i also heard that a + OPK may mean you are pregnant.. I read it at www.peeonastick.com
you may want to check it out..!!!! Good luck and God Bless.

User Image 5/26/10

13 years ago

I too had pos opks late in my cycle my CD 20, 21, and 22 were all positive. I ran out after that im hoping that I actually ovulated before that because before cd 20 i did not get a dark test line. Keeping my fingers crossed that its not getting off BC thats throwing my cycles that far outta the loop... plan on testing Saturday.

Baby Dust to you as well!!

13 years ago

Hello TTCafterloss, First, I would like to congratulate you!!! I know you just got your BFP (read on another thread)!!! Enjoy the well deserved pregnancy!!! I know you went through some hard times and now you finally did it!!! Good job!!! . To your point, I got all excited last night thinknig that for sure I`ll get a BFP this morning...since the OPK was positive, but nope...it was VERY negative unfortunately. And since my cycles are so all over the place, it could very well happen that I am ovulating just now. Thank God I actually did the OPK last night...and then again this morning. Just to test again, I took another OPK now (2:30PM) and compared to the one from this morning (taken at around 9:30AM), it is lighter...so I`m pretty sure I ovulated probably today. So tomorrow is my 1st DPO. I`ll keep you posted on how it goes!!!

Hi ccbradley918, waw, Saturday, that is really close!!! I am crossing my fingers for you!!! Plz keep us posted, I am so curious!!! I will probably start testing around Nov. 1st, I will be 11 DPO then. I hope I`ll get a BFP by Nov. 6th since it is my mom`s b-day and I am pretty sure that this would make the best birthday gift she ever received!!!!

Either way, I am hoping that this is it! Now that I know that the OPK came out positive, it really gives me hope!!! I still have a chance for this cycle!!! I thought it was over, and really, it was just starting...lol!!!

Take good care ladies and for !!!!

13 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo