Community post

Discussion

How long did it take you to get pregnant after MC?

Hello Ladies,

To those of you that already went through the horrible experience of loosing a pregnancy...I now understand how hard it is to go over such a sad event... I try to be positive and since I only miscarried at 5 weeks, we are trying our chance once again!!!

I was wondering, for those of you that have already had an early natural miscarriage...how long did it take you until you got your BFP again??? I want to be realistic...and I know that each person is different, but I am just wondering...

Thanks so much for your replies!!!
&
I for healthy pregnancy!!!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

51 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 51 Replies | Last Page

Hi there,

We ttc actively for 3 cycles straight after the mc, then had a break for a few cycles as the pressure & stress of it all was getting to much. Started ttc again towards the end of last year & just got my BFP.

So basically a year if you count the months where we didn't track anything.

Good luck xxx

13 years ago

Hello Lyndell,

Waw, you were really patient! It is all worth it in the end! I hope this pregnancy will be an easy and healthy one for you!

With my DS I got pregnant on the second cycle trying. Then, when we were ready for our 2nd one, it took us 3 cycles to get pregnant...then miscarried at about 5 weeks. My bleeding was not very long..about 5 days. We started trying again right away...

THe only issue that I have is that my cycles are really irregular, and can be very long...

Thank you for sharing your experience with me!!!

xoxoxo

13 years ago • Post starter

it took me 4 months of actively trying when i had my mc.... but as you can see.. it is possible to get pregnant again... my prayers are with you...

User Image 5/26/10

13 years ago

Hello ttcafterloss ,

OMG, time goes by so fast, you are already at 21 weeks! Congratulations!!! I remember when you had your BFP!!! Thank you so much for your reply! I hope that it will happen soon for me too. I will be using OPKs and the line is fairly dark already...but I don't think it is positive yet...it is just a tint fainter than the control line... But we are bd-ing anyway, just in case! Maybe some Valentine Cupid egg will catch, hihihhi!

Every day my mood gets better! I tell myself that this baby did not make it because it was not healthy and I try to encourage myself that it will happen again soon...and this time it will be a healthy little bean!!!

Thank you again for your reply and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!!!
xoxoxoxo

Hi Happy, i have read a lot about miscarriage over the past few months following a miscarriage at 15 weeks late last year and many women get pregnant very soon after a miscarriage, some don't even have a period and many ovulate about 2 weeks after the miscarriage. I got pregnant after 1 cycle but I had a missed m/c and a d&c. I hope it is quick for you. Good luck!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers  BabyFruit Ticker

13 years ago

Hey happy...so sorry to hear this. If you are starting to try again, then we are in the same boat. I've gone through my 2 cycles and now i'm just waiting to ovulate. My last 2 cycles have been really funky though too, so I plan on using the OPK as well.

Let's stick together through this and pray we get our BFPs soon!

13 years ago

Hello bannisterh,

I am sorry for your loss...I try to think that it all happens for a reason, and what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!!! As you can see, I am back to being very positive.
I'm so happy we can go through this together!!! :-) Yes, we have started to TTC again right away, it was a natural early MC and I do not want to wait. So we're in the same situation! Let's get those BFPs!!! :-)

So I bled from 7th to 11th of February...and on the 12th we were back TTC! I do have a funny cycle, as my breasts are killing me, and from the OPKs that I did, I do not think that I have already ovulated. My temps are around 98F or 36.8C when I wake up...and there has been no spike yet, so I'll probably ovulate quiet late. I am on CD 17 today...

When are you expecting to ovulate? What do you mean that your last 2 cycles were really funky? Tell me more!!! :-)

Good luck to both of us, it would be fun to get our BFPs together! :-)
xoxoxo

Sorry took me so long to respond....it was a busy weekend!

so what I mean by last two cycles were funky is that they were long, and I ovulated later than usual. My usual cycle is 30 days long, ovulating around CD17 or so. The past two have been about 37 days long. Not that big of a difference, but I had been like clockwork.

I'm due to ovulate any day now. Last AF was on 2/15.

Cross our fingers!

13 years ago

I am ttc after a m/c in December '10. I had one years ago in November 1996, and was pregnant by January of 1997. Wasn't even trying ;) Hope that despite my age (40), I'll have the same happy ending. Cycles are a bit longer from 26-28 days, but back to somewhat normal.

User Image

13 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Sorry, I was not online too much lately.
Ok, well here is what is going on. USually I have rather long cycles...and quiet irregular, probably between 30 and 48 days long. I had my mc on Feb.7th.
I had pretty dark OPKs this month on Feb11th (not sure if dark enough to consider positive) but I would say as dark as the control line. On the same day I had EWCM. Starting Feb 19th I had very light OPKs (very negative)
Now, it's been since Nov. 23 that I have A LOT of CM...it could be stretcy, creamy...and I always feel like AF is here. I also have very sore bbs, itchy nips and pain on side of left bb. I took my temperatures, but not very seriously, therefore I can not base myself on that.

I am not sure if it is possible to ovulate only 12 days after the mc...it seems rather impossible considering that usually I have pretty long cycles, but who knows. I am pretty sure that my body is playing tricks on me... :-(

I took a HPT this morning and it was negative...of course. I donno what to think! It's the waiting game now.

How are you dear friends doing? Any news? I pray for BFP for all of us!!!!
xoxoxoxoo

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo