Community post

Discussion

Starting clomid, anyone with us? Can we get a hell ya!Part 9

View Full Post

This forum is for anyone using Clomid or Femara! We are a great bunch of ladies on here so feel free to share you TTC story!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

273 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 273 Replies | Last Page

Amanda, crazy about that girl. I've heard of that before, but it is so random, they would never have been able to test that without doing an egg retrieval.

I have a friend who had something similar, but it wasn't that her eggs were too hard, it was that his sperm didn't have the ability to break into the eggs. There used to be a test that RE's did with hamster eggs (I guess they are genetically close to our own?) and it showed that his sperm couldn't penetrate, so IVF with ICSI was their only option. It took several years for her to push for that test too, since it's not a common one.

I've often thought that testing for everything should be done before any treatments are started. I mean, how many couples have spent thousands upon thousands getting treatments that would never have worked at all because of a simple issue that wasn't tested for. I think standard tests should be set up at the beginning, all bloodwork for everything, including genetic and autoimmune issues, not just hormones. A semen analysis and an HSG all before any medication is ever prescribed.

I think it's stupid that I had to lose two pregnancies before I was tested for a clotting disorder (and that most RE's require 3 losses for testing). And that I actually should have been tested for this disorder before I was prescribed birth control pills at 15 years old. One of the risks of my clotting disorder is that birth control pills can cause a clot. I was on them for over 10 years. Nice to know now that I was a walking clot waiting to happen.

Anyway, no, I haven't had a positive OPK yet. I thought I'd get one yesterday, but I took three tests and they were all way lighter than the control line. I'm just going to go ahead and trigger myself today. If my follies were 19 and 16 on Tuesday, they could be up to 25 and 22 today. I don't want them to get much larger. That, and I don't want to wait past 28 days for the end of this cycle.

Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to see more BFP's!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago • Post starter

Gunzzz- I just had my HSG done, too. It wasn't too bad- the only time I felt any pain was when they inserted the catheter and messed around with it. I didn't feel anything after that- not even when the dye was injected, which is what most women find to be painful.

I just had a meeting with my RE. If I'm not pregnant this cycle, she wants me to start doing injectables. She believes that I've hit my max on pills (Clomid/Femara) and it's not working as well as she would like- i.e. taking me such a long time to ovulate. Have any of you guys done this? I am not even sure what it entails- I think it's 10 shots and then I'll have to do progesterone suppositories.

Positive things are happening, girls!! This is good stuff!

11 years ago

Lisserb- I echo you completely with testing before any meds. I would also trigger too just for kicks, plus, this way you will know when you'll ovulate

Babypbaby- I know way too much about injections lol. My number one suggestion is to ask for 30 gauge needles for the actual injecting part. I've used 25 and 30 and with the 30 you feel literally nothing (the bigger the number, the smaller the needle). Other than that, every dose is different so it's hard to say how many days you'll be doing until they tell you. The first cycle is usually a test round to see how well you respond. I was on menopur injections, clomid and femara all at the same time and I was only ever able to produce 3 good ones. They might have you do a combination of injectables too. The lovely thing about menopur (or drugs like it) is that there is a better chance of having a good quality egg in the follicle. Something about it helping to mature them. And then yes, progesterone after ovulation.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

I use a 27.5 gauge needle for my trigger shots, and I don't feel anything with them either.

I tested again at 11:30 and while it was quite a bit darker, it still wasn't positive. My trigger expires tomorrow, so I gave myself the shot at 11:45. I like knowing that I'm for sure going to ovulate, and possibly both the left and right eggs.

Here's hoping that DH's boys are up for the challenge. :)

11 years ago • Post starter

hopefulll- by "test round" do you mean they don't expect good results? i can't wrap my brain around another useless cycle!

11 years ago

Hopefull i just realized we r exactly the same for our due date! Today i am 4 weeks 1 day also....i hope ur numbers r good. My re isnt sending me for another blood test until next thursday. It seems so far away! Good luck tmrw...im sure u will be up in the hundrends! I should be around 200 if mine is doubling right.

User Image

11 years ago

Good luck get ur groove on Melissa1

babypbaby- Goodness no, I shouldn't have used the word "test". What I mean is, you will definitely get at least one follicle, but, if what they are going for is 2 or 3, sometimes they will up your dose for the next round. They don't want to over stimmulate you and since you haven't been on these type of stims before they usually start off with a lower dose. For example, my first round I only had one follicle so for the next cycle they upped my dose and I produced 3. So ya, no worries, you will definitley get at least one so the cycle will not be a waste at all.

Heartbeat- That's pretty nifty, what are the odds eh? Well, I guess 1 out of 365 which is pretty amazing. From what I've read on 16dpo (which is what I figure I am based on the day they gave me the trigger and transfer date) anywhere from 150 and up is considered pretty good so I'm hoping to be at least around 150. Sooo nervous. I hate to say this, but in a small way, Im sort of expecting to get a "bad news" phone call after the beta, I guess Im sort of used to not making it very far. Anyway, enough of that negative thinking!!!(slaps own hand) I will update tomorrow.

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

hopefull: I know what you mean about expecting that bad phone call, but this time everything is going how it is supposed to so far! and i hope the same is true for you! I cant wait to hear where you are at! I was a little worried my numbers are still low bc some of the other forums have girls saying there numbers where like triple mine with there 14DPO beta draw! But i am just telling myself "this is it" and I hope i am right! if not we will just try again! this is the best BFP so far and at least i know the IUI worked and you know the IVF worked!!! Those are very good things for us!!!

User Image

11 years ago

Good luck, Melissa! I hope this is it for you! Only one good follicle for me this month on the left side (the right stopped maturing), and the left showed it was blocked a little when I had my HSG. So, I'm not holding much hope this month. But, we'll see! I triggered today, so I'm a day behind you, Melissa. They told me not to test until the 25th. But I think i want to try to test out my trigger because I'm just crazy and want to know asap if it works :) What will you do?

TTC #2 naturally after infertility treatment for #1 User Image

11 years ago

I've said it before but I love your positive outlook Heartbeat:) So I got a lovely phone call almost as soon as I got back from my clinic (God I love how fast they are) and .....478! She said I am very pregnant and simply hearing that was like winning the lottery. So, Monday is my second beta and hopefully it's above 600. So far, this is the best $6000 I've ever spent. I pray that everything progresses nicely. Don't worry too much about your numbers, as long as they are even close to doubling it's a good sign.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo