Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part III

View Full Post

Ladies, here is our new thread and the link back to our old one...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=14283&p=24#reply_81578

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

318 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

51 - 60 of 318 Replies | Last Page

Toronto...loving the new display :) So glad the scan was able to put your mind at rest and brilliant news. Can't wait for mine on Monday now!

Ridersgirl...Welcome and Good Luck (this is a lucky site :) )

Treats...Great labs, Good Luck in the TWW. Feeling positive for you

Angel...Tks for you input on the placenta problems you had. It really helps. What an odd cycle you are having and very frustrating for you. I so hope you get some answers soon!

Karinfrank...being so tired in the TWW can be a really good sign. Flingers all crossed for you :)

Essemkay...i've had two previous c-sections so I hope your right about the pesky placenta being in the way. Ill find out Monday anyway. What on earth happened to your blood??? I had 6 test tubes of it taken l would be fuming if some of that had gotten lost. Stay strong girl :)

cmonBaby....Good Luck with the two rounds of IUI you have left. I really feel you and your husband should talk about this process though. Its tough enough as a couple, you need to be there to support eachother. Emotionally its as tough as it gets but having a supportive partner can really help you relax and in turn help you get pregnant.

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome ridersgirl! Best of luck!!

Cmonbaby I am testing tomorrow morning praying for those two lines even if they are faint

Numbers - I am praying you are right!!

Me - I actually was asleep yesterday at 7pm and woke up only for 10 minutes at 9 and then slept through the night until 6 am...I also had the most vivid dream that I tested with a cheapie dollar store test and get two lines immediately.. I hope that is a good sign as well!!! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!! Tomorrow will be 11dpo so even if no BFP I will test again Monday..I am hoping that this will truly be a thanksgiving to remember!!

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

11 years ago

Just a side note ladies about clomid. When I was being monitored by the RE my lining was thin I think around 6. They had me insert 200mg vaginally 2x a day of Estrace and a couple days later it was 8.6 which they like it above 8. I started Crinone today so they told me to stop the Estrace. Not sure if anyone has done this before or if it helps you guys next time at the Doc's.

Congratulations Toronto!!!! Awesome news and gives us all hope. Many blessings to you!!!!

11 years ago

treats, that's great. I read that the lining should measure at least 7-8 mm. Estrace is estrogen and given to make the lining thicker and more plush so the embie can implant...
Crinone is progesterone for additional support in you LP.

Karin... for a line!!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

double post

They got tons of blood today, so depending on my E2 levels, looks like I trigger tonight with IUI on Sunday. Boo for Sunday (means the non-local office and making the baby spend like 8 hours in the car), but yay for IUI!

My doctor said that there are very few women in the world that could do what I do (I assume he means "at my age") and this cycle is absolutely perfect and balloons and confetti should fall from the ceiling everywhere I go.

Anyway ...
Right ovary: 20.8, 20.1, 19.0, 17.3 & 15.4
Left ovary: 17.4, 15.7, 15.5, 14.7
Lining: 8.4
The 15s and under are probably too small, so we're looking at 5 follicles - and hopefully at least one good egg! I asked if my lining was too thin and if I should do estrace, but he said that 6 is too thin, 8 is perfect.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Toronto- that's wonderful news! That must have been so awesome to see! And thank you... now I have Put the Lime in the Coconut song stuck in my head & it's quite fun to sing. LOL

Karin- Fx for you! GL tomorrow! I DO hope you have to open those FRER's!

Riders- Welcome! Out of curiosity, what was the reasoning for taking Clomid cd8-12? Hoping that unwanted visitor stays away this weekend. Do you plan on testing?

Essem- Holy sweet follies! LOL @balloons & confetti, but agreed! That's great! And know that the 8 will be even thicker by Sunday! GL

Everyone!
Keep those chins up! ...Literally, ladies!
If you get the chance to get out & look at the night sky, the lovely Leonid (meteor shower) should be prime viewing this weekend (especially late tonight/early tomorrow)!

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes ! My dr started me late because that was the first day I saw him and he felt it wasn't to late to start them . But next round it is days 5-9 . I'm not gonna test I'm just gonna hold it out . Not feeling to hot this am woke up with a headache got very nauseous I think it was due to the headache relief I took

11 years ago

Hi ladies.... Everyone seems to be doing good! Congratulations to everyone who has gotten great news lately!!! Keep those good vibes coming!!!

I did clomid the first time around with my daughter for 6 months before we did an IUI and got pregnant. They monitored my lining every month but mine never got too thin... it thinned it some but not too much.... I took it days 5 through 9 but it depends on what they are using it for... the days can vary...... Unfortunatly I will probably have to go back on it if we want another child.... but they won't do that until 9 months after our daughter was born.... so that is why we are trying for now on our own... if it happens that would be great! But we aren't too hopeful it will since it didn't the first time....

I met a lady recently that used an egg donor to have her baby because she had early menopause and had no eggs of her own.... it was an amazing story and gave me such hope in extreme situations!

I am 5dpo today for this cycle.... and on Metformin because of insulin issues after my pregnancy but it is used for infertility so maybe it will help.... can't hurt right? Last night I got up though around 2AM and had to run to the bathroom because I was feeling like I was going to throw up! Maybe a good sign? Not sure..... My next AF is due Thanksgiving day......
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

11 years ago

WOHOO essemkay!! Awesome number of follicles. I honestly wish you had the funds for another IVF! You know that the follies still keep growing a bit after the trigger - by Sunday the 15er will be 18 or 19 and that will be just perfect!
Good luck girl!!!!!

Cmonbaby... Wow, I feel I've on this site forever and have never figured out if or how to BOLD names here... How did you do it?

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo