Community post

Discussion

BYOB: Sore Breasts & Fertility Tests

View Full Post

Hi ladies!!

Lets start things off as usual.... with an introduction/update!

My name is Joy
DH and I are both 29
we've been together just over 10yrs
Got married and bought a house together in 2009
We have 1 fur baby named Cooper
From Canada
I'm currently a housewife, but will soon be a stay at home mom

I got pg back in the summer of 2010 then m/c'd at 8 weeks
We ttc for 8 cycles after the m/c, (10 months)
We have a nursery room all set up waiting for baby

Got pregnant again in June of 2011, but had a missed m/c (baby had died at 8 weeks) with many complications & a 3 week hospital stay

I Finally got back to TTC in Jan/Feb 2012 and on March 21st I got my BFP!
I am currently 24 weeks pregnant!
Ultrasound on May 15th showed a healthy little heartbeat
Ultrasound on July 3rd showed a healthy baby BOY!!
My due date is Dec 1st 2012!

This is truly an amazing group of ladies & I really hope our string of luck (& bfps) continues!! ladies!

xx
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

282 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

101 - 110 of 282 Replies | Last Page

i'm still here but super boring as have nothing to report!

got the bill in for my IVF!!! just waiting till the regular payment on my credit card is done so I can use that. its not cheap but i may as well use my credit card because i earn frequent flyer points!! might as well try and help me get a free flight back to the UK because if it doesnt work i might need it!!

done with the pills now? and got your first scan next week? for some reason i have 5th sept in my head for you. when would O be for you? are you going to try OPKS this time or just go for it like rabbits and hope for the best? i'm sure i've asked before!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

yes krunchie come to the UK and have ivf done free, not sure how long waiting lists are though.
yes I have taken my pills and am just having sex every few days because we don't know if the clomid has actually worked and opks for me in past cycles still went positive even though I don't ovulate.
yes the 5th of September is the date of my scan. I guess I will fine out then what its for lol.
I don't have much to report, had some ovary area pains yesterday at work on cd12 but I suppose that could be anything.
on another note it has gotten so cold here we actually have frost and its not even September yet. from all the rain we have had and total lack of summer I think we are in for a bad winter!
I have been Christmas shopping already and I am hoping to have it all done by November.
how fast has 2012 gone and why aren't we pregnant yet?

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Hey Ladies!

It sure has gotten quiet, hope that means good news for everyone else!

Nicole, You get IVF for free in the UK? I would imagine your ultrasound is to check for healthy follicles! I hope it works the first round!

Krunchie, Frequent flyer miles! That's a perk! I hope you don't have to have to pay too much more for the transfers.

Sabrina, Hope you had a good end of summer bash at the theme park! I wanted to hit up a water park this summer, but that didn't happen!

abc, I hope your got your temp shift by now! Waiting to O is one of the most frustrating things when you have no idea when it will happen.

AFM, Not too much going on for me. Packing and cleaning the house because we are going away to visit my family for the weekend. Should be nice because we are having a family party sunday. Most everyone knows about the pregnancy now because my mother has a big friggin mouth! It's not like it's her first grandchild either! I told her to keep quiet about it, then I got a TEXT from my 80 year old grandfather. She's nuts, but I love her! Not too much else going on, so sad to see the summer go already. But I am pretty excited to get out of the first trimester and tell the world our good news.

Good Luck ladies! It happened for us one month shy of three years ttc. I hope it doesn't take anyone else that long! Or if they have passed that mark, I hope their bfp is right around the corner!!

Alicia -

Me: Alicia (29) ~ DH: Patrick (29) TTC #1 Since August 2009 with PCOS 1st & 2nd (March & May 2012) IUI Cycles w/ Clomid = BFN's 6/24/12 - 3rd IUI cycle w/ Gonal-F and Lupron. IUI on 7/9. TWINS! Born 2/11/13 Back on the NTNP train as of September 2013 hoping for a boy someday!

11 years ago

bumble - it sure has gotten quiet on here. Yeah some people in the UK can get IVF free but there's a long waiting list and not every infertile couple qualifies. e.g. people who already have a child, the overweight etc
I am CD15 and really bloated and my whole womb, ovary area is a bit sore and achey.

I am in a really bitchy mood. It's like PMS but weeks early haha

Daisypath Christmas tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers Clomid cycle #1 Clomid cycle #2 Clomid cycle #3

11 years ago

Hi all!!!!

How is everyone? I haven't had anything to report.

I didn't ovulate this cycle. I never got a pos OPK and my temp never spiked. I gave up temping. I simply don't care about temping anymore. I'm aggravated. I've been off the pill 9 months now. I was so hesitant to TTC bc I was worried that I couldn't get pregnant or that it'd be difficult. I guess to me it was easier to not know then to try and find out that way. My mom had issues getting pregnant her second time and she's had allllll sorts of lady parts issues even aside from pregnancy. I guess that's where my paranoia stems from. I'm scared and think I need a break.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just scared. and I'm so sick of the "when are you having babies?" and the 12 facebook announcements I see everyday and the oopsies. Is anyone else feeling defeated? I know 9 months isn't NEARLY as long as some of you - but it's exactly how I feel right now.

Caitlyn

User Image User Image

11 years ago

abc, I know exactly how you feel!! We have been ttc for 9 months also and it fills like forever, I am becoming more disheartened by the month. I've almost nearly resigned myself to the fact that I will have no more babies. Good Luck hun, you will get there just be patient and relax.xx

Lisa, sounds like you are definitely O and pms has kicked in double time especially with all the extra hormones, I am keeping my fingers firmly crossed.xx

Bumble, so pleased that everything is going so well with your pregnancy!! I am sure your mum is just excited, twins are a big deal, my mum also has a big mouth and would tell everyone the minute we told her, but that's why we love them. xxx

Krunchie, IVF is so expensive, I have got my fingers crossed that this is gong to work for you, good luck hope the scan goes well tomorrow.xx

AFM, my Dad has his Op yesterday, the surgeons removed his spleen and a 1/4 of his liver, he was on the operating table for nearly 12 hours, he will be in hospital for approx 10-14 days recovering, I just hope his recovery is a quick one I hate seeing him in any sort of pain, mainly because he is very proud and will not tell us when he is in pain. I have also applied to start Uni in Jan 2013, I have applied for Adult nursing, I always said whatever comes first (baby or uni) this opportunity come up and if I get accepted we will not continue ttc, but who knows maybe when I have graduated we will try again, but we'll see.

I will definitely be hanging around though to see all your girls get your BFP's.xxxx

User Image User Image Very Faint 17.08.12 it sticks!!!!!!!

11 years ago

Hello Ladies:
I'm not even sure if anyone remembers me since i've been gone for so long.

Well I'm Tink (Whitney). I joined this site in January 2011. only to find out that I was already pregnant and had gotten two false negatives, before a third test and blood test confirmed I was indeed pregnant and not crazy.

well anyway my little angel Nahla is turning one next month and I am in awe at how fast time flew by. she is a small fry and super adorable. I am currently still breastfeeding, although I am trying to wean her, she not having it. she drinks out a straw cup, eats regular food, and drinks small amounts of regular milk, but she still refuses to let my bbs go. Her 8 teeth are beginning to make feedings uncomfortable. Even after a bottle she still will not go to bed without the breast.

Even though my dh and I are not ttc, I wanted to check in on my favorite group of women. I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

baby dust to all.

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Omg it has been forever since I have been on here!!! I am so sorry ladies! I have been crazy busy with family stuff and trips, camping etc etc etc....

AFM - Currently 27 weeks 4 days, went to the doctor last week and found out I have placenta previa (spelling?) so I'll be going for a fetal assessment next week. Hopefully it's corrected itself, but if not I guess I will be scheduling a c-section. Little worried, but hopefully all goes well!

Hope everyone is doing great! I've missed you ladies!!

xx Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

11 years ago • Post starter

hey Joy! Dont worry about placenta previa or how ever you spell it. My eldest brother was PP and that was 36 years ago when they couldnt see things on scans so my poor mother went into labour but obviously couldnt push him out which is why they discovered the PP and had an emergency section but all was fine and dandy! as you say it might right itself but otherwise section which are so routine these days. have they made any suggestions to help move it? no idea if you can but I know certain yoga positions can SOMETIMES help reposition a baby if its in a weird position. I read about a woman who was told she would need a section because the baby's hand and arm were up by its head so wouldnt be able to get through the birth canal but she asked them to wait, did some gentle yoga positions including downward dog which tipped the baby just that tiny bit enough to release its arm away from its head and she was able to give birth no worries! but as i said no idea if something like that could help with the placenta. i'm thinking no but no harm in asking!

tink, i think i remember you! were you the one who only gother positive about 16 weeks in??!! and even then found out by accident? crazy stuff!

just1more and abc, i totally hear you!! been going at this for nearly 3 years and yes its totally disheartening, but the best thing i did was to give up natural and go the IVF route! it has taken so much stress and worry from me! i know for others it can be the opposite, but this way most things are out of my hands so i dont have to worry about temping or working out OPKS or CM or when to have sex! you know when people to tell you to RELAX and it will happen (yes, those ones we want to kill on a regular basis!) well IVF has helped me to relax! same it wont make a difference for me!

J1M, hope you dad is feeling better and good luck at school!

AFM, still nothing! Still wating! only thing different is that my FS has said i can take low dose asprin if i want and as it makes me feel like i am doing something i will! lets hope it helps make my lining all nice and snuggly for implantation!

spent most of last night trying to understand the weird medical system here in Aus! Yes IVF is expensive but we get quite a bit back on Medicare which is the public system here because i was referred by my GP. so there is the clinic charge, then the rebate but then if you have reached the threshold you get more moeny back but capped at a certain rate! so basically i think its costs just short of $7k but we will get about 4-5 of that back...??! will find out when i pay the bill and get the money back. not paying yet as i want them to explain a few queries i have, like the IVF charge includes a transfer which i didnt have a the time so will i be charged for the FET? that doesnt seem fair if i do! but the clinc are being bad at ringing me back so will have to call them again today! I aint payin till i understand so call me back!!!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

11 years ago

Hello Joy! Nice to see you back on here. Don't worry too much, it sounds like they will take care of you and baby.

krunchie, sounds like everything is going well! I'm trying to stress less for sure, and honestly venting here helped to women who understand! lol I'm only recently 23 so I have a LOT of time before I'll probably look into any fertility help, but I think the hubby will object. We do want to adopt as well as have our own, so if I'm not blessed with my own then I still have that to hang on to. I've got a lot of baby making years left, and I've REALLY only just begun...who knows how long the pill took to get out of me, I was on it for 4 years, and I KNOW I avoided O time the first 2 months..so I really didn't start until March. Things are going to be ok!

AFM - well that says it all^ haha. Feeling positive and know things will work out Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

Caitlyn

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo