Community post

Discussion

Getting a BFP with irregular cycles! HELP!

Hey Ladies!

I'm new to this website but it's great! Quick TTC history, i've been pregnant twice and miscarried both of them. My first at 11 weeks and my second baby at 6 weeks. My most recent miscarriage I think was a CP and happened on April 2nd. Before this last miscarriage my cycles were ALWAYS 31 days without fail (even after my 1st MC). After my 2nd MC however, my cycles have gone from 31, to 38 to 28 days!!

I used OPK's this month and never got a line AS dark as the control line, but on the 18th of June. I believe I ovulated that day or around that time cause I had other signs of ovulation as well.

Needless to say, I think i'm pregnant! If i'm not, i'm just going to have to go to the looney bin! :) I'm not one to get myself overly excited, but this month it's different. I woke up a few days ago and my breasts had literally grown a size and they are so sore! Also, like with my first pregnancy, I have been so tired, I take naps during the day which isn't like me, and i'm VERY lightheaded so I have to eat often!! I have that always hungry feeling. I've also had a lot of back cramping and aching, not to mention breakouts.

Anyway, like I said, if it turns out i'm not pregnant i'll think i'm crazy cause this feels exactly like the first time I was pregnant. Me and my hubby BD almost every single day this month, so it's very possible!

Anyway I just wanted to ask any of you with irregular periods, how you know when to test! Obviously OPKS can't pin EXACTLY when ovulation occurred but it can give you a good idea! If I O'd around the time I thought I did, I should be about 10 DPO? If I did O then it kinda seems like I o'd earlier than usual!

I decided to go with my shortest cycle which is 28 days and start there. 28 days from my last period would be July 5th!! Should I just start testing then or would you guys test sooner?! What to do?!

I'm SO ANXIOUS mostly because if I AM prego, I have to start progesterone supplements immediately. As soon as I get my BFP my doc said, but not before. I just want to give this baby a chance! It's al the strength i've had to not start taking them right now!

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

Best of luckâ?¦ I always have irregular cycles too. So, give me hope over here!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo