Community post

Discussion

Started to spot yesterday!!! I'm WORRIED!

Hello ladies, what would i do without you?
Well I have some bad news... Yesterday night went to he bathroom and i had some brownish/pink discharge...needless to say that i freaked out! Thoughout the night i went to the bathroom 4-5 times and there was just a very pale pink spot on the tissue th size of a 25 cents.

I'm sooooo worriedddd!!! I feel like my period will come!

Anyone else went through this??
Thank you!

User Image" rel="nofollow">User Image

18 Replies • 13 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 18 Replies | Last Page

By tye way, forgot to mention that i am 5 weeks pregnant. Thanks!

13 years ago • Post starter

Hiya Happy, try not to worry. Its very very very common!
Especially since you didnt get your bfp until quite late!
Heres what I found:
Implantation bleeding is vaginal bleeding that occurs in some women during the first few weeks of pregnancy. Since so many women have unexplained spotting or light bleeding early in viable pregnancies, the theory is that harmless light bleeding can occur as the fertilized egg implants and the uterus begins to adjust to the pregnancy.

There's not a lot of research about the exact reasons why some women have this bleeding and others do not, but implantation bleeding is no cause for concern and does not affect the viability of the pregnancy. Similarly, not having implantation bleeding should not be considered a cause for worry.

User Image 16th Sept 2010

13 years ago

Hi HappytoTTC!

I tend to doubt that this is implantation bleeding as you dont generally get a +hpt until after you have implanted.

I know exactly how you're feeling right now... I started spotting at 8weeks pg, unfortunately mine was a m/c. But seeing that tiny bit of blood at first was horrifying!

First off, TONS of women have some spotting in early pregnancy!! So (I know it's hard) try not to worry! It often means you're pushing your body too hard... take it easy! You should basically be on bed rest until you can see your doc! If the spotting goes away you're probably good, just make sure you see your doc regardless!

I hope all works out for you my dear! Keep us posted!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

13 years ago

Hello ladies,

Thanks so much for your encouragements! I am waiting at the dr's office right now. My very little pink spots turned into a little more brownish discharge/spotting... So i decided to go to the dr right away!
We'll see how it goes once theycall me in. I hope they will send me to the hospital for a US so that i gavemore answers.... I still have lots of nausea in the morning and at night... I prayyyyyyyyy

i'll keep u posted!!!

Good Luck Happy, Ive got everything crossed! Let us know asap. xoxoxo

User Image 16th Sept 2010

13 years ago

Oh sweetie I'm sorry! I had some very light pink spotting last week and the doctor said she thought it was implantation spotting. Sometimes it's nothing! Let us know what the doctor says!

User Image I want a !!! User Image

13 years ago

It's likely nothing to worry about, especially since your morning sickness has remained strong.
I had a similar experience between weeks 5 and 7, and I'm now 29 weeks along and going strong.

If it continues though and the Dr. doesn't send you for an ultrasound, go straight to the emergency room to rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.

Best of luck!

13 years ago

Oh Happy this just isn't fair - why can't your body just chill out and let you enjoy being pregnant??

My sister had quite a bit of blood with both her girls but they are now 11 and 9 so it all turned out fine.

I know nothing will make you feel better until you get BHCG tests over 48 hours or a scan but I hope the time until your answers are ready, speeds by.

I had really bad cramping at the very start - so much so that it was waking me from my sleep. I felt sure it was a bad sign but so far so good. Bodies are just plain weird and even the same woman experiences different symptoms with each pregnancy.

You are in my prayers.

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Lolo - nice to see you again .

Lx

pregnancy week by week

13 years ago

Hello my dear friends, i just got back from the clinic. The dr said that it is too early to say either way... He gave me a prescription to go get an ultrasound... I have it tomorrow morning, but it is so early 5 weeks, that even the us might be a waste...because they might have trouble seeing anything...

I started bleeding more now, just like a regular period... :( I am sooooooo sad!!!

I still pray that everything is fine but the chances are very slim i know...

We'll see what tomorrow morning brings...

I'll keep you posted!
xoxoxo

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo