Community post

Question

Chemical pregnancy?

We’ve been TTC for a few years now. I finally decided we just weren’t going to have our own children because nothing was happening. Well, last week I had horrible heart burn with anything I ate and I was super clumsy so I decided to take a test. It was positive! I then took a digital to be sure and it was positive too. At first I was ecstatic and now my anxiety is kicking in. According to my last period I’m around 4 weeks and 5 days. I’m afraid the test line is too dark so soon and it may be chemical? Yesterday and today I’ve had light PMS like cramps but they’re pretty consistent unlike PMS cramps that come and go throughout the day. I’m making an appointment tomorrow for a blood test. But does this sound chemical?

user submitted image

3 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Chemical is commonly very light instead of dark so no it doesn't sound like chemical. Don't overthink it, overthinking will not change reality. Take it as a blessing and try to stay as positive as you can! You are pregnant!! Enjoy every day of it. Oh and my sister who is due January had cramps from the beginning, it's probably just your uterus growing.

User image

3 years ago

My chemicals never even got that dark before going back to negative. You're fine girl! Dark is GREAT! Congratulations

3 years ago

Thank you both so much! It’s hard to believe this is actually finally happening??

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo