Community post

Question

Progesterone question

Hi everyone,

We have been TTC for over a year now and recently went to GP to see if anything was wrong because I turned 40 in December and worried my time has passed.
I had blood test done and it said my progesterone was 21 nmol on day 21. It is low because apparently 30 means ovulation happened. However, now reading up about it the doc should adjust the date according to my cycle and I've got generally 32 day cycle
Long story short, I actually got a positive OPK on Saturday the 11th meaning that I probably ovulated (if I did) on sunday the 12th. The progesterone test should be done 7 to 8 dpo but mine was done more like 4 dpo. How quick does the progesterone rise in a day. What I'm wondering is if it would rise from 21 to 30 in those few days.
I know I might sound a bit desperate but any hope right now would be welcome.

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I've never had progesterone tested but i thought anything over 10 was considered normal after ovulation?

4 years ago

I've had my progesterone drawn a few times. I think your levels are good and confirmed ovulation. I had 9 in August and my dr was thrilled. This last month I had <.2 on day 22 and obviously didn't ovulate last month.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo