Community post

Question

Lines on internet cheapies not getting darker

Hi all, I'm looking for reassurance really. I got a positive frer on 10dpo. And i have been using the one step internet cheapies daily. I'm 13dpo today. Got a positive digital. The lines are not progressing on the one step tests. I have had 3 chemicals and 1 mmc at 14 weeks. Hence why I am petrified. I have been put onto 400mg of cyclogest (progesterone) after bfp as apparently low progesterone linked to my previous chemicals. My sister is a doctor. I called her today and asked this question. She said lines are not indicative of a healthy pregnancy that I am pregnant and to relax as cortisol (stress) effects mom and fetus. Have any of you experienced this on one step tests? I am expecting the worst but hoping for the best. Xxx

user submitted image

UPDATE   I have a very healthy 14 month old. The tests were just cheap and nasty

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

One step tests are the worst. I’ve read horrible reviews and experienced myself how unreliable these tests are. They can give you false but very believable lines where there is no pregnancy and they cannot give you lines at all when all other test are blazing positive!! I wouldn’t worry much based on those tests. I suggest if you want for your peace of mind to check daily, to try with another brand! Wish you

User image

5 years ago

I would think they would be getting darker on the progression. Are they still within the expiry date? I had a positive digital and my progression never got dark for my CP. Sorry to be a downer and negative, not saying that is what is going on with you. Just my experience.

https://ttctwin.com my blog TTC twins!

5 years ago

Thank you so much alexplpl for your words of encouragement. I've gone out and bought two frer. Going to test tomorrow with fmu and again on Tuesday. Fingers crossed it's just these rubbish one step tests! Thanks again

5 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Lililp for your honesty and sorry for your loss. Tbh that's what I'm figuring is happening but as I said expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I'd of thought the lines would get darker too. Did your lines get fainter or stay the same but not get darker? Thanks x

Super strong bfp on frer today with fmu. The one test tests are rubbish and have caused much unneeded and unnecessary stress. My lil bean appears to be fine, thank God ???

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo