Community post

Question

D&C questions

Hi ladies, I had a d&c on weds, unfortunately at our 14 week scan they told me the baby had no heartbeat. Silent miscarriage, heartbroken to say the least. I have a few questions,firstly i feel like i need to sleep with my husband just for the closeness and to help heal emotionally (If that makes any sense) I'm wondering how long should I wait? Also I would absolutely love positive stories of successful pregnancy after MMC. How long it originally took you to conceive and how long after MMC. Thanks girls x

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I had a MMC in November 2017. I understand the emotional pain you’re going through. We unfortunately struggled to get pregnant again so had to do IVF. We only jumped into IVF because I’m already 35. However, I think it will take you as long as it did the first time around if there are no issues. Don’t worry, it’ll happen again. You will be ok but obviously will never forget this baby you lost.

BFP 10/17, MMC - 11/17, IUI#1 - 4/18 BFN, IUI#2 - 5/18 BFN, IVF#1 - 6/18

5 years ago

You should wait to have sex at least until the bleeding stops or about 2 or 3 weeks. I had three missed miscarriages and a d&c for one of them. It took me about 8 or 9 months to get pregnant again. It took a while for my period to normalize after the d&c and i worried maybe they botched the procedure but all was fine. Sometimes it just takes a while.

5 years ago

Thank you for your responses. I'm sorry for both of your losses. No matter how many people say "oh you can go again" you still need to grieve the loss of your baby. I think most people that haven't been through it cannot quite comprehend the pain that follows. Thank you, guess I'll have to wait a while longer to be with my husband. X

5 years ago • Post starter

First off, I am sorry for your loss As far as intimacy goes, I’d ask your doc because with mine I think I was told to treat it like you would any PP and wait 6 weeks, but I know all docs are different. I do understand your need to be with your husband during this time as I get the same way. It’s natural to feel that way. As far as trying again you gotta do what’s best for you. They do say you’re more fertile afterwards but I’ve personally never tried right away after mine as we weren’t actively ttc at the time. Either way, I wish you the best and that you heal quickly emotionally and physically.

5 years ago

I had my first mc Oct. 2014. I didn't have a dnc I passed the baby naturally so I'm not sure how diff it is but I too felt the need to be close with my husband and I slept with him 10 days after not thinking I could get pregnant so soon. I went in for a 6 Week labcheck up and was already pregnant.she is now a happy healthy 3 year old

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo