Community post

Question

What should my HCG be now?

Long story short, this time last year I had a missed miscarriage. Here I am again one year later and found pregnant. Went in for a confirmation and blood draw. At that point I had only missed my usual period by 2 days. The twist is that I actually checked my ovulation this cycle (I average a 27 day cycle) and I didn’t ovulate until CD 19. So my first question is, does this mean I’m 1 week earlier than I would’ve been on a normal cycle? If I go by my last period (2-6-19) I am 5 weeks tomorrow. If I go by conception (2-24-19) I’d only be about 4 weeks? What date should I go by?!

Second question, when they checked my HCG on morning of 3/7 it was 57 and progesterone 34. I had a recheck 3 days later morning of 3/11 (so 72 hrs I think) and the results are HCG 293 and progesterone 54. Are those good? That isn’t quite doubled each day though right? The midwife said it looked good but now I’m doubting. Because if it had double each day wouldn’t it be higher? Just feeling anxious because of the miscarriage last year and praying this baby sticks!

Now I don’t have another appointment for another 3 weeks and I’m not sure she’s even gonna do an ultrasound ????

2 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

U go by LMP until an ultrasound confirms dates. Keep a mental note of the later O, but at the end of the day, all the Dr cares about is LMP and dating scan results. They'll alter everything for due date from those, and only those, dates.
As for hCG, ur number is great. Levels don't double daily, the range runs up to about 72hrs, 48 is avg. Ur perfectly fine. I really wouldn't worry about that. Enjoy ur pregnancy.
Congrats! =)

5 years ago

Thank you! Hard not to worry after pregnancy loss. But I’m trying to stay positive and enjoy this time rather than be anxious!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo