Community post

Question

Someone please give some advice

TTC#3---So under my cycle it shows i should be 9DPO. Ive been having weird heart palpitations for the past 3 days, which are quite annoying and today extreme nausea. Took pregnancy tests for last 2 days very 1st one showed vvvfl on a walmart cheapie and others CBER and FRER show negatives.. AF due in 3 days. Wouldnt tests show BFP if pregnant with AF being only 3 days away? Has anyone else experienced heart palpitations?

5 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I have heart palpitations. They have been worse since I found out I was pregnant.

Does anything seem to trigger your palpitations? I have them influenced by digestive issues. Progesterone acts as a muscle relaxer and makes those issues worse and therefore the palpitations are strong because progesterone increases in early pregnancy.

3 days before AF you could still get a negative even if you will go on to test positive. It is all about the day that you actually implanted. When I was pregnant in September, my positive test didn't come till cd 31, which is the day of my missed AF.

You aren't out until AF comes. Good luck!

5 years ago

Hey

With my son I didn’t get a positive until I missed my period and I had crazy symptoms . People say if you have symptoms it will show up on preg test , but for me I was I think 18dpo before I got a faint positive and I was already feeling off . I think it’s not over until af shows x

5 years ago

Thank you all. Ive had 2 prior pregnancies and never experienced heart palpitations. Was worried its somthing more concerning. Nothing triggers them, i notice them more so at rest. Maybe dont notice them if im up doing stuff.

5 years ago • Post starter

I think with heart palpitations they are USUALLY benign. Palpitations are often felt as hard beats, fast beats, irregular beats, skipped beats, fluttering, “flip-flopping” or a pounding sensation. I know I've experienced all of these!

That said, you should always get them checked out, just so you know that it isn't some scary arrhythmia or heart issue. Thyroid problems or anemia may also cause them; stress or anxiety and lack of sleep as well; even some day to day things like caffeine can cause them. You may want to make a quick call to your provider, just so they can be the one that makes the decision whether or not to do additional tests or not.

In early pregnancy hormonal changes cause dilation of blood vessels. Plus as the uterus is getting bigger it creates pressure on blood vessels, which can lead to low blood pressure. When your blood pressure is dropping or lower, your heart beats faster to compensate, so that can be one explanation of heart palpitations. Staying hydrated and maintaining electrolytes is important.

Usually people do notice them more when they're at rest, especially if laying on their left side because you put pressure on the vagus nerve which plays a big role in palpitations.

I'm not a doctor, but I've had palpitations on and off for 15 years. They can be pretty awful and anxiety provoking. Once you know nothing dangerous is the cause there are ways to help them. Relaxation techniques, breathing exercise, and magnesium all have the potential to help.

Good luck and hopefully you know know soon about your BFP or not!

5 years ago

Thank you Ladymae this helps. Thought I was going crazy

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo