Community post

Question

Peeing after sex

If I pee immediately after sex, will it hurt my chances of getting pregnant? I've had UTI a couple of times in the past until the doc told me I needed to pee after sex then I had the habit of doing so. My DH is so worried and after each BD, he always insists on me going to pee to prevent another UTI but I just want to lay down on the bed because I'm afraid going to pee will affect my chances! It's my 3rd cycle TTC and I keep blaming myself for going to pee after sex!

User image

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Apparently it makes absolutely no difference whether you stand up, lay down or do a handstand.

This discusses a pretty good study they did on laying vs standing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/lying-down-after-sex-not-8355476

<a href=

5 years ago

I agree

5 years ago

Just go pee. Anything that falls out is something u don't want in there anyways. The strong ones are already on their way to where they need to be...no use in carrying dead weight. If ur really worried, u can buy softcups (reusable or disposable menstrual cup) and insert one to keep the sperm in, then go pee.
Good luck! =))

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo