Community post

Journal

Ovulation Pain??

So, a week ago I had the worse pain in my right lower back and stomach. The previous month I had the pain on the left side, but not as bad. I am aware that when I ovulate the egg is released from one ovary and alternates each month. Right? Well, I have always felt very minor discomfort during this time, but NEVER have I felt this bad. It hurt when I bent over, when I straightened up, when I sat down, and when I tried to lie down. I almost had my daughter take me to Urgent Care. Yes, I have a daughter in college and YES, it was that bad and I have a high tolerance for pain. It hurt so bad, that I couldn't even cry. Just as I was ready to try and put my shoes on to leave, it started to subside. The whole thing lasted about 25 minutes or longer. I felt a little pulling off and on until the next day and then it was gone. Have any of you ever experienced this? I thought that maybe it could be gas pains or something. I've been working out too, but I never felt that working out before. Nothing alarming,just curious.

7 Comments • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Comments

I’ve never really had it that bad but I get it at times where I feel it even with each step I take and if I sit-ouch. It can be pretty intense

5 years ago

I get it pretty damn bad too. I never had it until my first mc three years ago. Had the pain every month since. Seems to get worse as time goes on too. Mine lasts up to two days though. It is normal, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it with your doc if its something that makes you nervous.

5 years ago

Thanks ladies. Of course, I always consult the doctor but I still like to hear from others bc it gives different perspective. I mention that to the doctor as well just in case she may have only thought one way. She always eases my mind on the end. Lol

5 years ago • Post starter

I also get this pain except it’s in my left side, I only started getting the pain sadly after my miscarriage back in December

Trying for our rainbow baby

5 years ago

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for sharing. I pray that all goes well for you.

That sounds terrible, I've had that only a few times, I figured it was a mixture of ovulation pain and possibly gas. LOL! I hope you're feeling better and you were able to catch that egg!

5 years ago

I'm feeling much better. Hopefully, that will never happen again.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo