Community post

Question

Clear Blue Advanced OPK, NO Peak??!!!!

Hi Ladies,

So its been a while since I've been on. My Husband and I had our daughter back in 2016 she will be turning 2 in July and we have decided that we think its time to TTC baby #2. I remembered how much I loved this site and all the love and support I received while TTC Baby #1, so here I am back again lol. Going into it with the mind set that we ideally want to start in July, I started using the Clear Blue Advanced OPK this month just to start tracking my ovulation. My Last period started May 25th, lasted apx 5 days and my cycle is typically 28 days long. Every calculator and appt told me I should ovulate around the 8th of June. Great. So I started taking the OPK's Monday June 4th, got two negatives. On June 6th I got my first blinky face which means high fertility, but not the peak. I have gotten blinky smiley faces for about 5 days now including this morning which puts me at cycle day 17. Im completely freaking because obviously my brain goes to the darkest places like what if im not ovulating? Or what if my ovulation is set to far back so that even if I do get a solid face is it even possible to conceive that late in the cycle? I have one more test stripe to use tomorrow morning but im not sure what I should do after that. Should I keep testing till I get a solid smile? Should I give up and just try again next month? Also I want your opinions on if you think digital OPKs. Have you used them before? Do you prefer them to the cheaper dip stick tests? Are there any other ovulation pin point tracking tools that you are aware of that have worked for you in the past. Truthfully that's what im really looking to do is pin point ovulation. Some might not agree with me on this one and that's okay im not looking for approval but our first child in a girl whom which we love with all our hearts. This time around we would like to try for a boy and ive read that getting as close to ovulation as possible really helps with that. Please keep in mind if at any time we do get pregnant and it is a girl we will be just as grateful if it were a boy. This is just our preference and I don't think it hurts to try. I really appreciate any feed back ladies, thank you!!!

0 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo