Community post

Discussion

Being Told to be Grateful for Just having one

Thought out my fertility journey I have been told by multiple people to just hang in there and be grateful that I have at least one healthy child... Hello!!! Yes, of course I am happy and grateful to have my daughter but it doesn't make this process and easier or less stressful. The thought alone of only having one child scares the living shit out of me for some reason. I coe from a huge Italian family where the minimum child per family is at least 2 and tbh it makes me feel horrible that I am struggling with this. I think of some many things like what if we cant have another and my daughter is an only child. Will this affect her growing up, will she be spoiled, who will she have when my husband and I are gone? My Husband and I have had discussions about this and only having one child. He said he would be completely content with only one but me on the other hand... I just cant. I want to be. I don't want to have to get shots, ultra sounds constantly, blood work. I don't want to go through any of this anymore.. but there is this force inside of me just pushing me forward. I know if I were to give up that I would regret it for the rest of my life. Thoughts on only having one? Do you think my feelings are reasonable and valid?

3 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I think it is disgusting that anyone would tell you that you should be happy with just one. That is so insensitive to someone struggling with fertility. Some people.... Anyway, just wanted to say if we are ever lucky enough to be blessed with a take-home baby, I know i'm at the end of the line and I won't be having any more children. So my child, if i ever have one, will be an only child. My DH has older children so he/she would have half-siblings in their 20s (i don't think that counts...). I'm content with having just one, but i think it depends on your situation. I have a sister 2.5 years older than me and we never speak and hardly ever interact -- so there are no guarantees!

4 years ago

Wow look at you and now you're having TWINS!!! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations!

4 years ago

So crazy!!!

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo