Community post

Discussion

Moving to Injectables..

Hey Ladies soo...

I'm currently a day away from test taking time on my 3rd Clomid IUI cycle and I just have to say I don't feel very positive. Not that I expected to feel a lot of symptoms I'm only 11 dpo but I just feel it in my gut that this isn't going to work. My husband and I had a meeting with our RE Wednesday who told us due to Insurance we have to do 3 more rounds of IUI but this time with injectable... This broke my heart. I know I should be grateful that insurance will even cover IVF if needed but it just feels like they are making us jump through hoops and wasting precious time. My daughter with be 3 in July and I never expected to have this big of a gap.. The mental toll that this experience has taking on, not only me but my husband with is one of the strongest people I know, is just tremendous. We are being pulled two separated directions because at one end we just want a break but at the same time we just want our baby. Also the Dr. informed us that the chance of having twins jumps up to 25% which for me is fine but I think is worrying my husband a little. ughhh fertility issues.. Any of you ladies ever have BFP with injectable or are going through a similar situation? Do you guys think I'm just being impatient and that I should just be grateful that insurance is even paying for what they are? I hear so many stories about families that do not get any assistance at all and I feel horrible to even be complaining.

3 Replies • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hey there. Just wanted to say that i've been going through the initial round of consultation and appointments with RE. I'm 41 and we don't have a lot of time to "waste." I have felt like we have been wasting time from the first appointment because they want you to do the testing at certain points of your cycle and then you have to wait for an appointment to meet with the doc to interpret the results. So i feel your frustration. On top of that, we got a BFP naturally in March and then lost the baby at 7 weeks. So it has been a roller coaster for sure and i always feel like time is slipping away. I just have to remind myself that when it is meant to happen, it will happen. It is mostly out of my control. Also, we don't have any insurance so they whole process so far has been expensive and will only get worse if we have to go for IVF. So i would say please be grateful you have any coverage at all, because a lot of us don't have any. That being said, i certainly understand your frustrations with the timing but try to remember that when it is meant to be it will happen. God has a plan. Good luck to you!

4 years ago

You are totally right Lisa. I know I should be grateful with the insurance issue. Its just been a really long yr and a half. Even with that I know people have been trying for even longer than that. I just think I am mentally drained. My husband and I have discussed maybe taking a month off just to give us a break and I think that's what we might do if this first round of IUI with injectable doesn't work. But again even that gives me anxiety because what if we do take that month off and that was the month we would have conceived lol.

4 years ago • Post starter

Like i said it will happen when it is supposed to. If something is telling you to take a month off, then there is a reason and you should listen to that little voice in your head! My DH always tells me one month isn't going to make a big difference in fertility even tho i'm older and reaching the end of the line. Really one month won't be the edge of the cliff, as they say. If you want to take a break, then i think you should! I'm so happy for you that you have the insurance coverage. I really wish that i did. Maybe next year when we price our insurance options I will look for a plan that provides some coverage in case we are still trying.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo