Community post

Question

Multiple faint bfp, negative blood test?? What do you think?

Hey all! Sorry if this might be long but I REALLY need advice. Let me start by saying I've had irregular periods since I can remember so I can't rely on it completely for answers. I have a 4-year-old and before I got pregnant with him, I didn't have NOT ONE period for over a year before but I still ovulated (crazy, I know) and I've NEVER ovulated regularly. I've realized that I ovulate anytime during my cycle, the earliest being day 5 or 6 and the latest being CD37.

I haven't been trying for another but my boyfriend and I had an "oopsie" on May 9th. My last (real) cycle was April 2nd, usually lasting 6 days EVERY TIME. I ended up bleeding in the afternoon of May 9th but it wasnt like a period, more like old blood but it stopped 3.5 days later, my period has NEVER been shorter than 6 days since it started at age 11 (13 years ago). I felt weird shortly after "the deed" so I tested (8 days after the fact), it was a HINT of a line, definitely thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. (1st pic) so I waited 2 more days and tested again, another HINT of a line but more visible (2nd pic). Waited another 2 days (12 days after "the deed") and ANOTHER positive, unmistakable (3rd pic). So I tested again the next day with clearblue, undeniable positive. They ALL came up within 3 mins. So I'm like okay, maybe I'm pregnant. I went to the doctor last Thursday, May 24th. They did a urine test, negative at first but went to look at it 5 mins later, another faint positive. So they sent me for a blood test. Called the next day (the 25th) for results, negative. I got kinda sad but kinda relieved at the same time.

I was very confused on why I kept getting faint bfps but a negative blood test. I thought what the h*ll, and decided to test again yesterday to put my mind at ease, another faint positive. One more THIS MORNING, ANOTHER FAINT POSITIVE!!! So now I'm tripping out. I feel like im going crazy, done one too many tests and they're all super faint but positive. What do you guys think???? Should I go get another blood test? If I am pregnant, do you think it'll be viable considering the tests haven't gotten any darker 19 days after the deed (not sure what dpo)?? Are these false positives??

PICTURES IN COMMENTS.

User image

9 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

First pic

user submitted image

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Second pic

user submitted image

User image

Third pic

user submitted image

User image

Clearblue

user submitted image

User image

THIS MORNING

user submitted image

User image

ANOTHER ANGLE OF THIS MORNING'S

user submitted image

User image

Definitely see some faint lines! Keep testing

Ingi :)

5 years ago

Thanks! I'm trying not to but this is driving me mad!

User image

My guess is they did a qualitative blood test (the kind that gives a yes or no, not an hcg level). Your levels are below the threshold for a positive on that blood test. And, I'm very sorry, but my honest opinion is that a viable pregnancy would probably result in a position blood test and darker lines by now (estimating you conceived within a couple days of the "oops"). Its possible you are off on dates, and those first few tests weren't positives (I can't really see anything on the first ones). I would keep testing and if the lines start getting darker, go back and ask for another test. Good luck!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo