Community post

Question

So many positives then a negative?

PLEASE help me! I took a test as my period was 2 days late , got a positive straight away on 2 different cheap test, since then I bought 2 first response which were both positive, and a clear blue digital yesterday which was positive ( I know I test a lot I’m just a nervous wreck) but despite all the positives I just have a horrible feeling I’m going to have a missed miscarriage,so I bought a pound cheap test today and just took it ( not first morning urine alough I held my wee for 3 hours) and it’s negative???? Help please I’m going crazy have I lost this baby

user submitted image

10 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

Take another FRER or a digital. The cheap test might need a higher HCG. You can call your dr at this point and tell them you are worried and want a blood draw to check that HCG is doubling. I'll be thinking of you!

5 years ago

Thank you for your help, well I have another clear blue with me but it’s not a digital it’s the blue dye cross one so I’m tempted to take that before I go and buy another, I don’t know weather to wait and take it in the morning or hold my urine all day and do it tonight, I’m scared the hcg won’t be strong enough, all though my period is almost 2 weeks late now so I would of thought my hcg levels would be strong enough if I held my pee! X

5 years ago • Post starter

If you do hold your urine and take another test make sure you just take small sips of water if you need to and hold for 4 hours or more. That's what they recommend! If you can wait test tomorrow morning with FMU. Based on your other tests though you should have a positive with just holding for four hours at this point.

5 years ago

I held my urine for 5 hours! I just took the test I had, it’s positive but it took the whole 3 minutes to turn positive and it’s not as dark as my first responses which came up straight away! I’m scared my hcg is decreasing! ???? what does this mean? I think I need to call my doctor but I don’t think I can tomorrow as it’s the weekend now x

The test x

user submitted image

These two tests have different sensitivities so you can't compare them like that. That is for sure a positive. Can you call and leave a message saying you'd like an appointment to be seen as soon as possible? Lots of doctors offices have answering services and you might get a call back to schedule something sooner then you expect.

I'd also test again on Sunday morning with the same brand. That will give you a better idea of progression then two different brands. I think the positive on so many brands if very encouraging! You can make it through the weekend!

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your support it means a lot! I’m just such a panickier and also the fact I don’t really feel pregnant is putting doubt in my mind but my period is only just 1 week and a half late so I’d only be 4 and a half weeks pregnant (from my last period) so I’m really early! I will wait until Sunday to test now, I’m just going to try and chill and take the fact I have had so many positives as a good thing! Xx

That's right! Relaxing will help with everything. The symptoms will come with time. Have a good relaxing weekend .

5 years ago

I knew I had a feeling something was up, woke up this morning in the worst pain and bleeding a lot! I’m ????! Thank you for your help though x

I'm so sorry to hear this Gnicole96. I wish you the best of luck for your next cycle.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo