Community post

Question

How likely to get pregnant from having sex 5 days before ovulation?

Hi ladies, I was just wondering how likely it is to get pregnant 5 days before ovulation? My app tells me all 5 days before ovulation that I am “fertile” and “high chance of pregnancy” I was just wondering how likely that is to be correct? Because I did have sex 5 days before ovulation, I am now 2 days before and I obviously can’t test yet ! X

4 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It happened to me my last cycle, I’m 8 weeks today. I ended up ovulating later than usual (were going to try next cycle) and the morning after dtd I started to have ewcm again and I ovulated 5 days later. US measures exactly to that date also.

6 years ago

I ovulated 6 days after sex. Was pregnant but ended up in a mmc.

6 years ago

Thank you for your help, I’m just curious as this is the first time iv been tracking properly ! I can’t wait to test on the 7th of April! X

6 years ago • Post starter

My 8 month old was 5-6-7? days before expected O.

Only DTD once that cycle, just after AF had left, around CD 6 or 7 of a 26/27 day cycle (O a round CD14 with 12 day LP) It was a big surprise as 1- We weren't trying, and 2- I didn't think it could be possible for a BFP after DTD that early on.
But here he is! I could have, but don't think I would have, O'd earlier??? as I had used OPKs for several months beforehand and had a very regular 26/27 day cycle for the 18 months before that.

So, While it's not common apparently, it's possible! I still look at him and wonder how he is even here lol

<a href=

6 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo