Community post

Question

Can’t figure out ovulation day (new to BBT)

I started logging BBT last month, though not very handily mid-cycle. CTP estimated ovulation would be on CD15 based on previous OPK readings. However at the end of the month the BBT app told me it was actually CD17.

However this month, I’m a bit unsure if it was on CD15 (which is what I think the chart suggests) since the temp rose above the cover line on CD16. CTP thinks it should have been CD13 which doesn’t add up with the chart. As last month went up and down a couple of times before it suggests I ovulated, I’m wondering if that’s the same here since it went down again today? Though I had pains a couple of days ago that I thought were ovulation-related (I can’t usually tell as I have frequent pains after my m/c last year, but they’ve lessened in the last couple of weeks).

Last month is attached, and I’ll post this month in the reply.

user submitted image

5 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

And this month (on CD17 today).

user submitted image

6 years ago • Post starter

On the top one cd17 looks like o day. The bottom one looks like you havent yet. If it is higher in the morning by about .4 or more, then o day would be today, cd17. The dip before the rise is o day.

6 years ago

Thanks. Yeah it rose to the highest temp today so I guess it was yesterday then. It’s weird because all the others O symptoms were a few days ago, and my cycles are ‘usually’ around 26-27 days (had a random 30 day last month to build up my hopes) so that’s pretty late ...

I think last month was cd15 for O and this cycle looks like cd14 or 15. It's not always about the dip being O day, there's something called a fallback rise. It's a second estrogen surge that lowers the temp briefly (1 day) then the temp rises again the following day. That happens in the 2-4dpo range, very normal and usually mistaken for O. Ignore the coverline (it's there as a visual aid and usually set too high), and look at the temp pattern, it's easier to see where they start the climb. Not everyone's temps spike after ovulation, some slowly climb over a period of a few days. Follow all ur signs, not just a temp.
Good luck! =))

6 years ago

Thanks - I was actually just reading up about fallback rise and that seems to fit what I feel has been going on as well as the temps.

Honestly, why is all this so bloody confusing? Last year we got pregnant without planning or trying, only DTD once in three weeks AND while using contraception! I’d never even heard of things like luteal phases, basal temperature, OPKs or anything else to do with conception. So the fact that I’m measuring every single tiny thing to time everything perfectly is driving me batty! I know I don’t have to, but after the first few months after my m/c and getting nowhere by just ‘letting it happen’, it’s the only thing I can have any control of in this whole nightmare of TTC! Argh!

End rant, I’m sure I’ve got an extra pore on my face to note down on a chart somewhere ...

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo