Community post

Question

3rd Degree Tears

Hi guys, i have 3 children. The 1st i had to have forceps delivery in theatre as he got stuck, i had to be cut and had a lot of stitches.
My 2nd, i had a 3rd degree tear and had to be stiched in theatre.
My 3rd, i also had another 3rd degree tear, had to be stiched in theatre.

My question is, with my 4th baby, should i opt for a C Section or try for another natural birth?

I am scared of both...i dont want surgery but i also dont want incontinence issues from another tear...any advice appreciated, thank you!

Ingi :)

2 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hi there! In my opinion, I think it depends on how the pregnancy goes. I think it can go both ways. I am now pregnant with my second and with my first I had 2nd degree tear and the recovery was horrible. I really don't want to have a c-section but if it is my only option then I really have no choice as I heard with c-section, you don't get to hold your baby, and I really want that bond at the start. Sorry, I wasn't that much help.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you for replying. When i was pregnant with my 3rd, i saw a consultant to discuss wether i should have had a C Section with her and was told it was highly unlikely i would tear again, he gave me a 4% chance it could happen again. Well it did and was just as bad as the 1st tear.
I am worried about having a C Section and not being able to lift baby or look after my other 3 children after...but also panicking at the thought of having incontinence issues.

Ingi :)

6 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo