Community post

Question

3rd Degree Tear - anyone?

Hi,

I have had 3 babies, pregnant with my 4th.
With my 1st, i had forceps in theatre and had a lot of stitches.
2nd, 3rd degree tear, stiched in theatre
3rd baby, 3rd degree tear, stiched in theatre.

My question is, with this 4th baby, i am thinking a C Section needs to happen to stop future incontinance issues but i hate the idea and desperately want to have another natural birth...what would you do?

Ingi :)

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hi there. With my first pregnancy I got third degree tear and it was horendous and the healing process took forever. I'm anxious to deliver this baby in case I get third degree tear again. I really don't want a c-section as I don't want to deal with the scarring. So, needless to say, I am in the same boat as you.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

With my 3rd i saw a consultant who told me i had a 4% chance of another 3rd degree tear. Well i did tear again and had to go to theatre.
May sound crazy but i like giving birth naturally, the thought of having a C Section scares me and the 6 weeks recovery with 3 other children at home! But the thought of have incontinence issues in the futue scares me too...just dont know what to do!

Ingi :)

5 years ago • Post starter

I totally agree with you. Natural is so much better as I heard you don't get to hold the baby when he/she is born when you get a c-section and if I don't get that then I feel that I will loose that bond with my child.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo