Community post

Question

8 weeks and bleeding

Im excately 8 weeks today and wake up with a bleed:( its more brown discharge now and no cramping or cloth but still terryfied. Last pregnancy i bleed from week 8 till 12 but didnt miscarry, then find out babies brain isnt developed and ended with stillbirth at 32 weeks. Cant stop worrying. Read alot about it and have scan booked for wednesday. Does any of you had a bleed and no problems?

7 Answers • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I’m so sorry to read this. I had a bleed at 8 weeks 1 day and the heart stopped at 8 weeks 3 days. Call your doctor. Maybe you can go in for an ultrasound.

BFP 10/17, MMC - 11/17, IUI#1 - 4/18 BFN, IUI#2 - 5/18 BFN, IVF#1 - 6/18

6 years ago

I call early pregnancy clinic coz they take care of u before 12 weeks here. The earliest avaliable slot for scan was wednesday so i have to wait....

6 years ago • Post starter

I had red and brown spotting around 8-9wks, that turned into a massive bleed in the shower just before 10wks. In a panic I jumped outta the shower and grabbed my doppler...HB was still present. So I went to the ER to be checked out. They ran blood tests and did an ultrasound. Baby was bouncing around completely unscathed. Idk how I didn't lose him. I've never seen that much blood exit my body all at once. The cause was a large subchorionic hemorrhage. It was nowhere near the placenta, so was no danger or bother to the baby...just to me (cuz really, who likes to wear pads all the time?!). I bled heavily for a few days, it then tapered down to spotting again, and stopped completely in week 14. Baby was born 1 day after his due date, happy and healthy.

I know it's hard, no one ever wants to see blood when pregnant, but try not to worry. There are other reasons for bleeding other than a miscarriage or defect with baby. The cervix is another common cause. Just stay relaxed and hydrated. One day at a time!

Best of luck with everything! =))

6 years ago • Edited

Thank you. Till the evening and still no cramps or any other bad signs so i am hopefull. Trying to relax but till i see baby and hear its heart itll be hard.

Little update. Seen my baby today and his heartbeat so all seems fine. Baby is 3 days bigger than from af date. Bit more relaxed.

@Mondin. So glad that everything turned out fine for your little guy. Have a happy and healthy nine months.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you seeing your pregnancy it make us only 2 days apart in due date so i wish you the same.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo