Community post

Journal

Not sure what I'm feeling now..

So I did a cute little gender reveal for my husband. I knew he would be a little disappointed it wasn't a boy but I never expected the reaction I got. He dropped the box down and said what am I supposed to do with a daughter... he looked like he was going to cry. He didn't speak to me the rest of the night or even say goodbye when he left for work. Ever since then he's been very cranky and we hardly speak. It's so matter of fact. Before he knew the sex he was wanting to shop for baby stuff and now I can't even get a hello out of him. The conversation we had about it, he said he knew this was going to be his only child bcuz of my age so all his dreams of having a son are gone. It makes me feel so guilty because I have 3 sons. I shouldn't feel bad about this. Will he leave one day to find someone else and try for a boy? Do I even care anymore? I'm so put off by his reaction I really don't want to look at him. I never saw this coming from him. I'm sure in time he will get over it but I will always feel like he looks at her and me as a disappointment and will never truly be happy...

4 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Sorry, but what an a-hole........
You don't get pregnant to not be happy with either one. It's 50/50.....
With the time and problems it took for you to even get pregnant, you'd think he'd be thankful just to have a biological child. There are women out there and men out there that never get to experience that. I hope and pray to God he has a heart change, because that's just not ok.....

Mill

6 years ago

Right! How awful! I'm hoping maybe it's just his emotions getting to him but that's terrible

6 years ago • Post starter

This is when i shout Oh My Freaking God, send thunder from the heavens and lightening to strike this husband of yours. He shd be happy he is not in our shoes, struggling to get pregnant for 6 years, losing 1 halfway through a pregnancy. His chromosones determines the sex of the baby

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/baby_dust.gifhttp://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/forum/emoticons/stork_pink.gif

6 years ago

I hope that you two are speaking by now. I'm sure he has strong feelings,, but he needs to be supportive and thankful that he played an important part in conceiving yours and his child against the odds. Also, he does not know for certain that this was his last chance. Congratulations to you both. I pray that all is with with the two of you and that you have an awesome pregnancy and healthy baby. Higs

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo