Community post

Journal

Just had to share....

So first- I'm epically angry that AF came early while I was at the boyfriend's house this past weekend....
GRRRRR
Anyway, this last weekend was the absolute best and I really just had to share.
Josh and I went to a wedding on Saturday and he was soooo quiet. I was honestly a little bit worried. He's never quiet, at least not with me. We forget to sleep because we talk too much....I mean really. We get through the ceremony and kill some time before the reception, where he was quiet again. I hate quiet. lol I asked him what he was thinkin about so hard and he said nothin.
We ate, conversed a bit with the rest of the table, and then Elvis' Can't Help Falling in Love came on. He asked me to dance and then proceeded to sing to me the entire time. I melted. We left not too long after that and then rocked out to Backstreet Boys. If anyone repeats that I just admitted that my boyfriend and I sang every song on the Millennium album, I will deny it profusely. Just saying.
Sunday we spent the day with his best friend Tim, and Tim's wife Jordana. LOVE them! We had dinner and went bowling, where the girls CRUSHED the boys. :) On our way home from their house, he finally revealed that during the wedding he had been thinking pretty hard about something but wouldn't tell me anything other than it was about me. I didn't press, but told him just how much I loved him singing to me, that it made me fall even further for him, and that no one has ever done something so sweet. He was silent (UGH!) for a little while and said that it made him sad to realize that I was never treated the way I deserved. My response was simple: "All it means is that you get to be my first for much more than we originally thought". A few minutes later he said we were taking a slight detour. Of course, I didn't care and I told him I'd follow him anywhere- both truthfully and sarcastically...he was driving after all, I didn't have much choice but I really would follow him anywhere when given the choice.
He ended up taking me to Somerset Lake. It was dark so I couldn't see much but I LOVE lakes. I was so excited that I jumped out of the car and was "oooh"ing and "aahhh"ing while waiting for him. Next thing I know, the windows of the car are down and the same Elvis song is playing. We proceeded to dance in the headlights while I cried like a baby. He was so nervous and I still can't figure out why. I can't believe I landed such a great guy. #luckiestgirlintheworld
It's so hard being away from each other during the week, especially when we go from no stress when we're together to tons of stress when we're apart and focusing on our jobs. This is the schedule we have to keep for two years. :( Only weekends. For two years. It's daunting, and scary. We'll get through it though.
I hope you ladies are doing well!!

5 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Comments

How sweet and romantic, glad you found a great guy. Keep us posted!

7 years ago

How sweet and romantic, glad you found a great guy. Keep us posted!

7 years ago

How sweet. He sounds really lovely and and you look great together. Sounds like you guys have a great relationship. I for one believe long distance relationships work -it did first me anyway ;)

User Image Me 36 DH 49 6 Yrs TTC MC last at 6weeks Ectopic at 6-7 weeks Using Homoathic Medicine since July 14

7 years ago

Happy for you! Xo

7 years ago

He sounds amazing, glad you have the best weekends ever, something to look forward to and you guys can definitely do it!

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo