Community post

Journal

So, it's been a crazy week...

Where do I even begin??
First- I hope yall are doing well! I think about yall regularly!
So here goes:
I'm officially off the market. lol I don't know if yall remember Josh from early this spring. We'd gone on a 9 hour date and then a few weeks later he moved almost 3 hours away and I put the brakes on any potential relationship. Well, I went to see him - as a friend - and everything changed. We're together. He's the peanut to my butter, he always has been. Over the 7 months that we've known each other, we've talked daily, without the pressure of a relationship. Our relationship has been built on friendship and it makes us stronger. The distance still sucks but we'll make it work. I'm in this for the long haul, and so is he.
Unfortunately for us though, we went through a major event right out of the gate. On my last day at his house, I woke up to the left side of my face being paralyzed. He took control of the situation, took me to the ER where I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, paid for my prescriptions, and then took care of me when we got home. Told me that even though I could be Jack Sparrows side kick, I was still beautiful. *Enter tears*. He's so incredibly good to me.
Today is a week since this mess started. I have some small improvements. My eye is blinking better, and I can occasionally talk using my bottom lip normally. When I think about it, it stops working. The biggest thing is- IT HURTS. Holy Mary and Joseph, does it hurt. It's a good sign because the nerves and muscles are reconnecting, but good Lord! You know when you're laying in bed, and you get sleepy and drop your phone on your face? (Don't lie- you've done it) That's the pain I feel allllllll over the left side of my face. It's kind of excruciating and distracting but I'll live. I'll take it if it means I can walk into a wedding with my man this Saturday and not look like Two-Face from Batman. I have no desire to play Harvey Dent, thank you very much.
I also started Cosmetology school at the end of August. My days are stressful but I bust through them to get my to the weekend and to my man. I'm ready to get these next two years done with so I can move onto the next stage of my life.
So, even while I look like a freak, I'm the happiest girl in the world. I've got a loving, strong, sweet man by my side, a bright future, and a face full of comedic relief! hahahaha

4 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Many, many congratulations. I am so happy for you!

I'm so sorry about the palsy, I have a friend who has that. Annoying as hell! I'm so sorry you are dealing with that.

7 years ago

Oh no, so sorry to hear about the bell's palsy. Happy for you that you found someone. I love reading your updates. Congrats on going back to school. Two years will fly by.

7 years ago

Nothing like a supportive loving partner, congrats on you achievements you are a wonderful person.

7 years ago

Congrats on your new guy, he sounds like a keeper. I am so sorry to hear about the Palsy though, I hope that you are okay and you have a quick recovery.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo